Aggies Renew Rivalry with Colorado State on the Road Saturday Night
Thursday, Sep. 20, 2012
GAME FOUR INFORMATION
UTAH STATE at COLORADO STATE
Date: Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012
Kickoff: 5 p.m. (MT)
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Stadium: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium (32,500)
Series: Utah State trails, 30-36-2
TV: KTVD Ch. 20; Bill Doleman (Play-by-Play), Reggie Rivers (Analyst), Natalie Vickers (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network; Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Utah State's 2-1 start to the season is its best since 1997 when that Aggie team won two of its first three games. The last time USU started a season with a 3-1 record was 1978 when that team began the year with five-straight wins.
- Under head coach Gary Andersen, Utah State is 10-10 (.500) following a loss as it posted a 4-4 record in 2009, a 3-4 record in 2010 and a 3-2 record a year ago. Overall, USU has lost back-to-back games just twice in its last 16 contests.
- Utah State has won three of its last four road games dating back to the 2011 season as it won at Hawai`i (35-31); won at Idaho (49-42 2OT); and won at New Mexico State (24-21) in its final three road games in 2011, and lost at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) in its first road game of 2012. Overall, USU is 5-15 (.250) in road games under Andersen.
- Utah State and Colorado State will be meeting for the 69th time in series history this weekend in what is the third-most played rivalry in school history. USU's most played rivalry is Utah (110), followed by Brigham Young (81), Colorado State (68) and Wyoming (63).
- Utah State has out-scored its opponents 41-0 in the first quarter this year and has not allowed a first-half touchdown on the season. Overall, the only points scored against the Aggies thus far in the first half has come on three field goals, one by each of its opponents.
- Utah State has already had four touchdown drives this year of three plays or less with two coming against Southern Utah, and one each against Utah and Wisconsin.
- Utah State has won seven of its last eight regular season games and seven of its last nine contests overall with its only losses during that stretch coming against Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, and at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) this season. Prior to its loss at Wisconsin, USU was riding a seven-game regular season winning streak, which ranked as the sixth-longest active streak in the nation. USU had also won three-straight road games prior to its loss at Wisconsin.
- During the last two years, nine of Utah State's last 10 games have been decided by one score, while seven of its last nine games had the winning points scored in the final minute of regulation or in overtime.
- Utah State is 4-9 in September under Andersen and 3-3 all-time in games played on Sept. 22.
Read much more in the full game notes on the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.