USU Celebrates Homecoming 2012 with an Array of Activities
Thursday, Sep. 20, 2012
Utah State University students celebrate Homecoming 2012 Sept. 24-29 on the Logan campus.
Utah State University celebrates Homecoming on the Logan campus Sept. 24-29.
The Aggies face UNLV Sept. 29. Kickoff is at 6 p.m., Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium.
Utah State University celebrates Homecoming 2012, “Once an Aggie Always an Aggie,” with a variety of activities. Homecoming week is Monday, Sept. 24, through Saturday, Sept. 29.
A highlight this year is Friday, Sept. 28, at 5 p.m., with the third annual All Aggie Reception at Montez Brothers restaurant (formerly Hamilton’s Steak and Seafood) in North Logan.
Traditional events include the Homecoming Dance and “True Aggie” Night Friday and the Homecoming Parade Saturday morning in downtown Logan. The Utah Agricultural Products BBQ, as well as the All Aggie Pre-Game Party, is Saturday afternoon. The big game begins at 6 p.m. as the Aggies take on UNLV in Romney Stadium.
The annual Homecoming Parade begins at 10 a.m. Saturday on Main Street in Logan. It is led by Grand Marshal Kevin D. Curtis (’03), a USU business marketing graduate and former member of the USU football team who went on to play with the NFL for the St. Louis Rams and the Philadelphia Eagles. The parade features other dignitaries as well, including the Alumni of the Year, Paul A. (’86 speech, ’89 interdisciplinary program) and Sylvia M. (’87 economics) Jones and the Distinguished Young Alumna of the Year Tamara E. Mumford (’03 vocal performance).
The All Aggie Reception, a place where people can join other Aggies at the Montez Brothers restaurant is from 5-7 p.m. Friday and includes socializing, food and music. The activity includes a dinner buffet, Aggie ice cream, cash bar and music by lokalgrown. The restaurant is located at 2427 N. Main, Logan. Cost is $15.
For times of events and a complete schedule of activities throughout the week, visit the Homecoming website (http://www.usu.edu/homecoming/schedule/).
Schedule of Events — Homecoming 2012
Monday, Sept. 24
- 6 p.m. — Street Painting, Aggie Bull-evard (700 North)
- 8 p.m. — Judging and Clean Up, Aggie Bull-evard (700 North)
- 9 p.m. — Chalk Dance, HPER Field
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- 11a.m. — Alpha Chi Omega Alphatraz, TSC Patio
- 7 p.m. — Entertainment: Comedian Marcus Hardy, TSC Ballroom
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- 11 a.m. — Alpha Chi Omega Alphatraz, TSC Patio
- 11:30 a.m. — Aggie Ice Cream with Mr. USU Contestants, TSC Plaza
- 7 p.m. — Mr. USU, Kent Concert Hall
Thursday, Sept. 27
- 6 p.m. — Powder Puff Football, Romney Stadium
Friday, Sept. 28
- 5 p.m. — All Aggie Reception Montez Brothers Restaurant
- 6 p.m. — 1988-2011 Spirit Squad Alumni Reunion, Spectrum
- 8 p.m. — Homecoming Dance, TSC
- Midnight — “True Aggie” Night, the ‘A’ on the Quad
Saturday, Sept. 29
- 8 a.m. — Homecoming 5K, Alumni House
- 8 a.m. — Homecoming Breakfast, Evan N. Stevenson Ballroom, TSC
- 10 a.m. — Homecoming Parade, 100 South to 800 North on Logan’s Main Street
- Noon — Softball Alumni Game, LaRee and LeGrand Johnson Softball Field
- Noon — Political Intern Reunion, Logan Golf & Country Club
- 1 p.m. — USU Student Leadership Reunion, TSC
- 1 p.m. — Campus Tours, Alumni House
- 2 p.m. — Softball Tailgate Party, Romney Stadium parking lot
- 3 p.m. — All Aggie Pre Game Party, 1000 North near the west parking lot of Romney Stadium
- 3:30 p.m. — Utah Agricultural Products BBQ (Ag Day BBQ), Practice field, located just west of the Stan Laub Training Center
- 6 p.m. — Aggie Football game vs. UNLV kick-off, Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium
Contact: Brandon Taylor, 797-8537, firstname.lastname@example.org
Writer: Maren Cartwright, 435-797-1355, maren.cartwright