Aggies Host UNLV for Homecoming this Saturday in 'White Out'
Thursday, Sep. 27, 2012
UNLV at UTAH STATE
GAME FIVE INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012
Kickoff: 6 p.m. (MT)
Location: Logan, Utah
Stadium: Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium (25,513)
Series: Utah State leads, 12-7
TV: ESPN3, Trey Bender (Play-by-Play), Jay Taylor (Analyst)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Utah State will wear all white for its Homecoming game this week against UNLV, in its first-ever ‘White Out.’ All Aggie fans are encouraged to ‘Wear Your Fighting White to the Game.’
- Utah State's 3-1 start to the season is its best since 1978 when that Aggie team won its first five games of the year.
- For the second-straight week, Utah State will be playing a future conference opponent in Mountain West member UNLV on Saturday, Sept. 29, after winning at Colorado State last weekend, 31-19. USU officially joins the Mountain West July 1, 2013.
- Utah State has won each of its last four home games and is 12-7 (.632) at home under head coach Gary Andersen including a 7-1 (.875) non-conference record. USU's current four-game home winning streak is its longest since the 1990 team also won four-straight home games. The last time USU won five home games in a row was during the 1981-82 seasons. All-time, USU is 117-95 (.552) at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State is 49-30-2 (.617) all-time during Homecoming, with two of those games being played against UNLV as USU defeated the Rebels, 7-6, in 1986 and then posted a 31-6 win against UNLV in 1990.
- Utah State has out-scored its opponents 51-0 in the first quarter this year and has not allowed a first-half touchdown on the season. Overall, the only points scored against the Aggies thus far in the first half has come on three field goals, one each by Southern Utah, Utah and Wisconsin.
- Utah State has won eight of its last nine regular season games and eight of its last 10 games overall with its only losses during that stretch coming against Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, and at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) this season. USU has also won four of its last five road games dating back to 2011.
- During the last two years, nine of Utah State's last 11 games have been decided by one score, while seven of its last 10 games had the winning points scored in the final minute of regulation or in overtime. Overall, USU has won six of its last eight games decided by one score dating back to the 2011 season.
- Utah State is 5-9 in September under Andersen and 5-4 all-time in games played on Sept. 29.
UTAH STATE HOSTS UNLV IN ANNUAL HOMECOMING GAME
Utah State (3-1, 0-0 WAC) will host UNLV (1-3, 1-0 MWC) in its 82nd Homecoming game Saturday, Sept. 29, at 6 p.m. The game, which is USU's only home game during a five-week stretch, will be carried live on ESPN3 with Trey Bender (play-by-play) and Jay Taylor (analyst) on the call. Live audio of the game will be available at www.UtahStateAggies.com. Live stats will be available through GameTracker, while Twitter updates — @USUFootball — will also be a part of Utah State's game day coverage.
Read much more in the full game-day notes.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.