USU Volleyball Can Clinch WAC Title Outright with Win at San Jose State
Thursday, Nov. 08, 2012
Utah State volleyball heads to San Jose, Calif., to take on San Jose State Saturday, Nov. 10. USU has already clinched the top seed in the WAC Tournament and a share of the regular-season title. (image from Athletics website)
UTAH STATE at San Jose State
Saturday, Nov. 10 - 8 p.m. (MT)
Spartan Gym (1,000)
San Jose, Calif.
Follow all the action with "Live Stats" and "Watch Live" links at UtahStateAggies.com
- Hitting the road for the final time of the regular season, Utah State volleyball will head to San Jose, Calif., to take on San Jose State Saturday, Nov. 10. First serve from SJSU's Spartan Gym is slated for 8 p.m. (MT).
- USU has already clinched the top seed in the WAC Tournament and at least a share of the regular-season title, but the Aggies can win their first WAC regular-season championship outright with a win Saturday.
- This is the first WAC regular-season title for the Aggies, adding to Utah State's WAC Tournament title won in 2010. USU's last conference title was winning the Eastern Division of the Big West in 1999.
- The Aggies are seeking their 15th WAC win of the season, which would extend its school record for most WAC wins as well as most conference wins, as USU topped its previous mark of 12 Big West Conference wins in 2001.
- USU has now won 19 matches in a season twice under head coach Grayson DuBose. A win Saturday would give the Aggies their 11th 20-win season in school history.
- Utah State is on an eight-match road win streak, the Aggies' longest road win streak in a single-season in school history.
- Overall, the Aggies have won their last six matches, as well as 11 of their last 13 overall matches.
- Senior opposite side hitter Shay Sorensen needs 13 more kills to break into the USU career top 10 kills list, with 850 kills, as Niki Conner (1995-98) has 863 career kills. Sorensen also needs one block assist and three total blocks to crack into the respective top 10 lists.
- Senior outside hitter Josselyn White broke a USU school record for attack percentage in Saturday's win [Nov. 3] over LA Tech hitting .812 with 13 kills in 16 attacks with no errors. White also enters this week with 315 career total blocks, needing four more to tie Michelle Matheson (1998-2001) for No. 6 on USU's career total blocks list.
- Now with 979 assists this season, sophomore setter Paige Neves needs just 21 assists to reach the 1,000 assists plateau for the season. Neves would reach the milestone for the 16th time in school history, becoming the ninth different Aggie to dish out 1,000 assists in a season.
Live stats for this Saturday's match are available via "Live Stats" links at www.utahstateaggies.com, the official website of USU athletics.
There will be NO video streaming for Saturday's match at SJSU.
Read much more in the complete volleyball notes published on the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.