No Sinking These Aggies
Thursday, Jun. 27, 2013
Congratulations to Utah State University’s Concrete Canoe Team that returned from the American Society of Civil Engineers national student concrete canoe competition with a fifth place ranking overall in the competition.
The USU team received high rankings in multiple categories.
- 4th place for the DESIGN PAPER
- 3rd place for the ORAL PRESENTATION (Mitch Dabling and McKenna Lee)
- 3rd place for the FINAL PRODUCT
- 5th place for the OVERALL PERFORMANCE
Annually, universities across the nation compete in the building and racing of canoes made from concrete.
USU and its canoe team earlier hosted the regional competition where the host school took first place. While the regional conference was coordinated by the Civil Engineering Department in the College of Engineering, students from multiple areas in the college participated.
Read more about the team and the national competition in a wrap-up story on the College of Engineering website.
- Utah State University to Host Regional Concrete Canoe Competition, Utah State Today
- USU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- USU College of Engineering
Contact: Mitch Dabling, (801) 510-2260, email@example.com