Aggie Football Plays First-Ever Mountain West Game at Air Force Sept. 7
Thursday, Sep. 05, 2013
UTAH STATE at AIR FORCE
GAME TWO INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013
Kickoff: 1:36 p.m.
Location: USAF Academy, Colo.
Stadium: Falcon (46,692)
Series: Air Force leads, 1-0
TV: CBS Sports Network, Dave Ryan (Play-by-Play), Adam Archuleta (Analyst), Evan Washburn (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
Tickets: 1-800-666-USAF (8723)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR...
- Utah State is in its 116th season of football and is 506-509-31 (.499) in its previous 115 seasons. USU has nine nationally televised games on ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013 and two more that will be broadcast regionally on ROOT SPORTS.
- Utah State opens the 2013 season with consecutive road games (Aug. 29 at Utah; Sept. 7 at Air Force) for the first time since 2009, for the 24th time since 1960 and for the 29th time in school history. USU is also playing four of its first five games on the road in 2013 for the first time since 2009.
- Utah State has won 11 straight conference games dating back to the 2011 season, which is a school record. The previous record for consecutive conference wins was seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons. USU's last conference loss was against Louisiana Tech (24-17) Oct. 22, 2011, in Logan when it was a member of the Western Athletic Conference from 2005-12.
- Utah State is beginning conference play on the road for the third-straight year and for the fifth time in the last nine years. Overall, USU is 28-25-3 (.545) all-time in conference openers including an 11-13-3 (.463) road record.
- Utah State has won six straight conference road games dating back to the 2011 season, which is its longest conference road winning streak in school history along with the 1995-1997 teams that combined to win six-straight Big West road games. Overall, USU is 7-3 in its last 10 road games dating back to the 2011 season.
- Utah State's Mountain West game at Air Force on Sept. 7 will tie for the third-earliest conference game in school history. USU's earliest conference game ever was on Sept. 2, 1995, at Arkansas State when both schools were members of the Big West. USU also played a Big West game at Louisiana-Lafayette on Sept. 4, 1993, and at Long Beach State on Sept. 7, 1985. All-time, Utah State is 14-13-1 in conference games played in September, including a 3-5-1 road record.
- Utah State has won 16 of its last 20 games, which is USU's best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons. USU's four losses during its last 20 games have been by a combined 10 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26) to open the 2013 season.
- Utah State has 59 players in its program from the state of Utah, while Air Force has seven players on its roster from the state of Colorado.
- Utah State has won three of its last four games played during the month of September and is 3-2 all-time in games played on Sept. 7.
(Read much more in the full game notes on the Athletics website.)
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.