Aggie Football Hosts Weber State in Annual Homecoming Game Saturday Night
Thursday, Sep. 12, 2013
Football Game Notes
WEBER STATE at (RV) UTAH STATE
GAME THREE INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013
Kickoff: 6:04 p.m.
Location: Logan, Utah
Stadium: Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium (25,513)
Series: Utah State leads, 12-1
TV: ESPN3, Joel Meyers (Play-by-Play), Kevin O'Connell (Analyst),
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR...
- Utah State is in its 116th season of football and is 507-509-31 (.499) in its previous 115 seasons. USU has nine nationally televised games on ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013 and two more that will be broadcast regionally on ROOT SPORTS.
- Utah State has won eight-straight home games, the longest home winning streak since the 1966-68 teams combined to win eight-straight home games and that eight-game home winning streak ranks as the seventh-longest in school history. The school record for consecutive home wins is 17 set from 1959-63. All-time, USU is 120-96 (.556) at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State has won five-straight home games against in-state opponents as it defeated Southern Utah (34-3) and Utah (27-20 OT) in 2012; Weber State (54-17) in 2011; BYU (31-16) in 2010; and Southern Utah (53-34) in 2009. USU's last home loss against an in-state opponent was on Oct. 3, 2008, when it lost to BYU, 34-13.
- Utah State has won each of its last four home openers and is 76-38-2 all-time in its first home game of the season, including a 25-20 record at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State is 8-1 at home in its last nine non-conference games dating back to the 2009 season as it has posted non-conference wins against Southern Utah (34-3), Utah (27-20 OT) and UNLV (35-13) in 2012; Weber State (54-17) and Wyoming (63-19) in 2011; Idaho State (38-17) and BYU (31-16) in 2010; and Southern Utah (53-34) in 2009, while its only loss during that stretch was a 35-34 double overtime loss to Colorado State in 2011. During its last nine non-conference home games, USU is out-scoring its opponents 41.0 to 19.3.
- Utah State is 50-30-2 (.622) all-time during Homecoming, and this will be USU's first Homecoming game against Weber State.
- Utah State has won 17 of its last 21 games, which is USU's best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons. USU's four losses during its last 21 games have been by a combined 10 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26) to open the 2013 season.
- Utah State has 58 players in its program from the state of Utah, while Weber State has 25 players on its roster from the Beehive State.
- Utah State has won four of its last five games played during the month of September and is 4-2 all-time in games played on Sept. 14.
UTAH STATE OPENS HOME SEASON AGAINST WEBER STATE IN ANNUAL HOMECOMING GAME
Utah State (1-1, 1-0 MW) continues its 2013 season with its first home game of the year as it hosts Weber State (1-1) in its annual Homecoming game Saturday, Sept. 14, at 6 p.m. The game will be carried live world-wide on ESPN3 with Joel Meyers (play-by-play) and Kevin O'Connell (analyst) on the call. Live audio of the game is also available on www.UtahStateAggies.com. Live stats will also be available through GameTracker, while Twitter updates — @USUFootball — will also be a part of Utah State's Game Day coverage.
Read much more in the full game notes at the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.