Aggie Football Returns to Mountain West Play with San Jose State Road Game
Thursday, Sep. 26, 2013
UTAH STATE at SAN JOSE STATE
GAME FIVE INFORMATION
Date: Friday, Sept. 27, 2013
Kickoff: 7:01 p.m. (MT)
Location: San Jose, Calif. Stadium: Spartan (30,456) Series: Utah State trails, 14-20-1
TV: ESPN, Carter Blackburn (Play-by-Play) Danny Kanell (Analyst), Allison Williams (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR...
- Utah State is in its 116th season of football and is 508-510-31 (.498) all-time. USU has 10 nationally televised games on ABC, ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013 and two more that will be broadcast regionally on ROOT SPORTS.
- Utah State has won 12 straight conference games dating back to the 2011 season, which is a school record. The previous record for consecutive conference wins was seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons. USU’s last conference loss was against Louisiana Tech (24-17) on Oct. 22, 2011, in Logan when it was a member of the Western Athletic Conference from 2005-12.
- Utah State has won seven straight conference road games dating back to the 2011 season, which is a school record, bettering the six straight Big West road wins from 1995-97. Overall, USU is 8-4 in its last 12 road games dating back to the 2011 season, including a 1-2 record this year.
- Utah State is starting conference play with consecutive road games for the first time since 1996 and 10th time in school history joining the 1947, 1949, 1951, 1954, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1992 and 1996 teams.
- Utah State has won 18 of its last 23 games overall, which is USU’s best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons. USU’s five losses during its last 23 games have been by a combined 13 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26) and at USC (17-14) to open the 2013 season.
- Through four games this year, Utah State has had nine scoring drives of less than two minutes.
- Junior quarterback Chuckie Keeton currently ranks tied for second in the nation along with Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater with 14 touchdown passes on the season, trailing Oregon State’s Sean Mannion who leads the nation with 15 touchdown passes.
- Utah State has 59 players in its program from the state of Utah, while San Jose State has 98 players on its roster from the state of California.
- Utah State has won five of its last seven games played during the month of September and is 3-3 all-time in games played on Sept. 27.
Read much more in the full game notes at the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website. http://utahstateaggies.cstv.com/