Aggie Football Returns to Mountain West Play Hosting Boise State
Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013
Utah State continues its 2013 season with a Mountain West home game against Boise State Saturday, Oct. 12, at 6 p.m. (MT) in its second-annual 'White Out.' (photo from Athletics website)
Football Game Notes
BOISE STATE at UTAH STATE
GAME SEVEN INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013
Kickoff: 6:05 p.m. (MT)
Location: Logan, Utah
Stadium: Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium (25,513)
Series: Utah State trails, 13-4-0
TV: CBS Sports Network, Andrew Catalon (Play-by-Play), Aaron Taylor (Analyst), Lauren Gardner (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR...
- Utah State is in its 116th season of football and is 509-511-31 (.499) all-time. USU has nine nationally televised games on ABC, ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013 and two more that will be broadcast regionally on ROOT SPORTS.
- Utah State has won 13 straight conference games, including nine straight on the road, dating back to the 2011 season, which is a school record. The previous record for consecutive conference wins was seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons. USU's last conference loss was against Louisiana Tech (24-17) on Oct. 22, 2011, in Logan when it was a member of the Western Athletic Conference from 2005-12.
- Utah State has won five straight conference games at home with its last league loss at home coming against Louisiana Tech (24-17) on Oct. 22, 2011. Overall, USU has won nine of its last 10 home games. All-time, USU is 121-97 (.555) at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State has won 19 of its last 25 games overall, which is USU's best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons. USU's six losses during its last 25 games have been by a combined 30 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26), at USC (17-14), and against BYU (31-14) in 2013.
- Utah State has had two sellouts this year against Weber State and BYU, marking the first time since the 2002 season that USU has had multiple sellouts in the same year. USU has never had three sellouts in a single-season in the 46-year history of Romney Stadium.
- Utah State has not lost back-to-back games in its last 25 outings following its 40-12 win at San José State. In fact, following its last four losses Utah State is averaging 43.0 points and 505.5 yards of total offense (269.5-passing, 236.0-rushing).
- Utah State has 59 players in its program from the state of Utah, while Boise State has 22 players on its roster from the state of Idaho.
- After playing four of its first five games of the season on the road, Utah State is concluding the 2013 campaign by playing five of its final seven games at home.
- Utah State has won three of its last four games played during the month of October and is 5-4 all-time in games played on Oct. 12.
Read much more in the full game notes summary at the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.