Aggie Football Hosts Wyoming on Senior Day Saturday Afternoon
Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013
Utah State concludes its 2013 regular season with a Mountain West home game against Wyoming Saturday, Nov. 30, at noon. USU is 35-24-4 all-time against Wyoming, including a 23-10-1 record at home. (photo from Athletics website)
Football game notes …
WYOMING at UTAH STATE
GAME TWELVE INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013
Kickoff: noon (MT)
Location: Logan, Utah
Stadium: Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium (25,513)
Series: USU leads, 35-24-4
TV: ROOT Sports, Tom Glasgow (Play-by-Play), Sed Bonner (Analyst), Tori Holt (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- With a victory against Wyoming in its regular season finale, Utah State will win the Mountain Division of the Mountain West Conference and advance to the inaugural Mountain West Championship game on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 8 p.m. (MT), in a game that will be televised nationally on CBS Sports. The location of the championship game is to be announced.
- With a victory against Wyoming, Matt Wells will tie Tony Knap for most wins in school history by a first-year head coach as Knap’s Aggies went 8-2 in 1963. USU coaches with seven wins in their first season include Fred M. Walker (1907), Chuck Mills (1967), Phil Krueger (1973) and Wells.
- Utah State is bowl eligible for the third-straight year and has assured itself of back-to-back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since 1978-80. USU has never gone to three-straight bowl games and has played in back-to-back bowl games just three times in school history (1946-47, 1960-61, 2011-12).
- Utah State has won 17 of its last 18 league games dating back to 2011, and won a school record 13 straight conference games before falling to Boise State, 34-23, on Oct. 12, 2013.
- Utah State has won 11 of its last 13 home games overall and seven of its last eight home games against conference foes. Overall, USU is 123-98 (.557) all-time at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State has won 23 of its last 30 games overall and those seven losses during its last 30 games have been by a combined 41 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26), at USC (17-14), against BYU (31-14) and against Boise State (34-23) in 2013.
- Utah State has won nine straight games and 11 of its last 12 overall during the month of November. The last time USU lost a game in November was in 2010 at home to Idaho, 28-6.
- True freshman quarterback Darell Garretson will make his fifth career start against Wyoming and is one of just 21 true freshmen at the FBS level to start at quarterback this year. Garretson is the first freshman quarterback in USU history to win his first four starts, and is tied with Adam Kennedy (2011) for the most wins to ever start a career.
- Senior linebacker Jake Doughty ranks third in the Mountain West and tied for seventh in the nation with an average of 10.9 tackles per game, while junior linebacker Zach Vigil ranks sixth in the Mountain West and 37th in the nation with 9.2 tackles per game.
- Senior cornerback Nevin Lawson ranks first in the Mountain West and fifth in the nation with an average of 1.55 passes defended per game.
UTAH STATE CONCLUDES REGULAR SEASON AGAINST WYOMING
Utah State (7-4, 6-1 MW) will conclude its 2013 regular season with a Mountain West home game against Wyoming (5-6, 3-4 MW) Saturday, Nov. 30, at noon. The game will be televised regionally on ROOT Sports (Comcast Ch. 52/693HD, Dish Network Ch. 414, DirecTV Ch. 683) and available to watch live on the internet via the Mountain West Network with Tom Glasgow (play-by-play), Sed Bonner (analyst) and Tori Holt (reporter) on the call. Live audio of the game is also available on www.UtahStateAggies.com. Live stats will also be available through GameTracker, while Twitter updates — @USUFootball — will also be a part of Utah State's Game Day coverage.
UTAH STATE ON ROOT SPORTS
Utah State will be making its second appearances on ROOT Sports this weekend against Wyoming as its first game on the network was a 45-10 win at New Mexico Oct. 19, 2013. In all, USU had nine nationally televised games on ABC, ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013, along with its two regional broadcasts on ROOT SPORTS.
Read much more in the full game day notes at the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.