Funding Approved for USU-Brigham City's New Campus
Thursday, Mar. 27, 2014
Funding for the new Utah State University Brigham City campus was approved during the 2014 Utah legislative session and construction plans are in the works. USU President Stan Albrecht and Tom Lee, dean of the USU-Brigham City made the annnouncment.
USU-Brigham City’s new campus will be located at 989 South Main Street next to the golf course. The campus will serve Box Elder County’s growing educational needs.
In December 2010, Utah State University purchased 40 acres of land for a potential new campus. A previous donation to USU brings the campus to 48 acres. As a land-grant university it is the institution’s commitment to enhance and increase access to higher education for residents throughout the state.
Construction of the first building is slated to begin this year and will serve as the anchor of the new campus. The approximately 50,000-square-foot building will house broadcast-capable classrooms and offices for faculty, advisors and staff. A lecture hall and large multi-purpose room will serve students and is a shared resource for Brigham City, Box Elder County and the Box Elder school district.
While the legislative funding has been approved, building contributions are still needed. In conjunction with Frank Stewart from USU’s Advancement office, USU-Brigham City’s advisory board has initiated a local campaign to help fund the on-going efforts of the new site. Several area businesses have contributed to date, including Whitaker Construction, the Brigham Area Chamber, Member's First Credit Union, Autoliv, ATK, Box Elder Credit Union, Honeyville Grain, Hansen Motors, Heritage Auto Group, Crump Auto, Skywalker Holding, Gillies Funeral Chapel and others.
Several community members have also made generous contributions.
More information on the new building and donation opportunities can be found online.
Contact: Dana Romney, (435) 722-1788, firstname.lastname@example.org