President Cockett Unveils Presidential Priorities at State of the University
Tuesday, Oct. 01, 2019
Utah State University President Noelle Cockett unveiled her presidential priorities to a crowd gathered on campus, and through AggieCast, for the State of the University Address.
“I wanted to take a moment to stop, pause and celebrate our successes as a university,” President Cockett said.
Her speech outlined her priorities for the institution and included examples of ways the university is currently succeeding in the areas, as well as ways she plans for its future success.
USU United: Presidential Priorities
- Student Success, including experiential learning.
- Access to post-secondary education for underserved populations and communities across Utah.
- Strengthen USU’s trajectory of research distinction.
- Communicate and develop USU’s excellence in water, land and air research.
- Expand outreach to Utah citizens in the areas of health and well-being.
- Increase diversity of students, faculty and staff.
- Promote inclusiveness and respect across the USU community.
- Facilitate students and faculty entrepreneurship.
- Launch USU’s second fundraising capital campaign.
- Continue to compete in the upper echelon of the Mountain West Conference.
- - Tim Vitale, Assistant Vice President, University Marketing and Communications, 435-797-1356