USU Calls for Diversity Award Nominations
Thursday, Oct. 03, 2019
Utah State University is soliciting nominations for the 26th Annual Diversity Awards. The awards recognize individuals and organizations on campus and in communities served by USU who have made significant contributions to diversity and inclusion. Nominations can be made for a student, faculty member, staff member, administrator, individual community member or a community organization.
The nominees selected to receive the award must:
- Model behavior that promotes diversity.
- Nourish acceptance of individual differences.
- Strive to enhance academic, employment or community relations among people who are different.
- Integrate diversity concepts and values into academic curriculum, management functions or community service.
- Develop methods for increasing and valuing diversity among students, faculty, staff or local businesses/associations.
- Maximize opportunities to achieve diversity.
Last year’s awardees include the Northern Utah Hispanic Health Coalition (community organization), Laura Gelfand (administrator), Kristin Searle (faculty), Eri Bentley (staff), and Jared Gheen (student).
Nominations are due Nov. 27, 2019. For more information, visit https://equity.usu.edu/usu-diversity-awards.
- - Amanda DeRito, Director of Crisis Communications and Issues Management, Public Relations and Marketing, 435-797-2759
- - Carolyn Baker, Administrative Assistant, Office of Equity, 435-797-1266