USU Celebrates Homecoming 2013 with an Array of Activities
Thursday, Sep. 05, 2013
Utah State University will celebrate Homecoming 2013, “Once an Aggie Always an Aggie,” with a variety of activities. Homecoming week is Monday, Sept. 9, through Saturday, Sept. 14.
Traditional events include the Homecoming Dance and “True Aggie” Night Friday and the Homecoming Parade Saturday morning in downtown Logan. The All Aggie Pre-Game Party is Saturday afternoon before the big game begins at 6 p.m. as the Aggies take on Weber State in Romney Stadium.
The annual Homecoming Parade begins at 10 a.m. Saturday on Main Street in Logan. It will be led by Grand Marshals Dave (’55,’63 school administration) and Barbara (att) Kragthorpe who have been supporters of Utah State University since meeting at the institution when they were students. The parade features other dignitaries as well, including the Alumni of the Year Scott Fuhriman (att) and Distinguished Young Alumni of the Year Cody (’06 agri-business and agricultural systems technology) and Elizabeth (’07 agricultural education) Bingham.
For times of events and a complete schedule of activities throughout the week, visit the Homecoming website.
Schedule of Events — Homecoming 2013
Monday, Sept. 9
- 8 a.m. — Homecoming Golf Tournament, Ogden Golf and Country Club
- 6 p.m. — Street Painting, Aggie Bull-evard (700 North)
8 p.m. — Judging and Clean Up, Aggie Bull-evard (700 North)
Tuesday, Sept. 10
8 p.m. — Entertainment: Moonlight and Music, Old Main Hill Amphitheatre
Wednesday, Sept. 11
7 p.m. — Mr. USU, Kent Concert Hall
Thursday, Sept. 12
- 11 a.m. — Powder Puff Football Preliminaries, Quad
- 8 p.m. — Powder Puff Football Semi-Finals, Romney Stadium
9 p.m. — Powder Puff Football Final, Romney Stadium
Friday, Sept. 13
- 6 p.m. — USU Athletics Hall of Fame Weekend, Riverwoods Conference Center
- 8 p.m. — Homecoming Dance, TSC
Midnight — “True Aggie” Night, the ‘A’ on the Quad
Saturday, Sept. 14
- 8 a.m. — Homecoming Breakfast, Evan N. Stevenson Ballroom, TSC
- 8 a.m. — Homecoming 5K, Alumni House
- 10 a.m. — Homecoming Parade, 100 South to 800 North on Logan’s Main Street
- 12:30 p.m. — Institute of Government and Politics Reunion, Alumni House
- 3:30 p.m. — Aggie Athletics Family Remembered, south gates of Romney Stadium
- 4 p.m. — All Aggie Pre Game Party, 1000 North near the west parking lot of Romney Stadium
- 6 p.m. — Aggie Football game vs. Weber State kick-off, Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium
Get in the spirit and see the “Aggie Fanatic” video — and more — created for USU’s Office of Admissions.
Contact: Brandon Taylor, 797-8537, firstname.lastname@example.org
Writer: Maren Cartwright, 435-797-1355, email@example.com