Aggie Football Returns Home to Host In-State Rival BYU Friday Night
Thursday, Oct. 03, 2013
Utah State (3-2, 2-0 MW) continues its 2013 season with its final non-conference game of the regular season hosting in-state rival BYU Friday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m. (MT). (photo from Athletics website)
Football Game Notes
BYU at UTAH STATE
GAME SIX INFORMATION
Date: Friday, Oct. 4, 2013
Kickoff: 6:05 p.m. (MT)
Location: Logan, Utah
Stadium: Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium (25,513)
Series: Utah State trails, 34-45-3
TV: CBS Sports Network, Andrew Catalon (Play-by-Play), Aaron Taylor (Analyst), Lauren Gardner (Reporter)
Radio: Utah State Sports Network, Al Lewis (Play-by-Play), Craig Hislop (Analyst)
Live Stats: UtahStateAggies.com
Twitter Updates: /USUFootball
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Utah State is in its 116th season of football and is 509-510-31 (.499) all-time. USU has nine nationally televised games on ABC, ESPN, CBS Sports Network and Fox Sports 1 in 2013 and two more that will be broadcast regionally on ROOT SPORTS.
- Utah State has won nine-straight home games, which is its longest home winning streak since the 1959-63 teams set a school record with 17 straight home wins. Overall, USU’s current nine-game home winning streak is tied for the fourth-longest in school history along with the 1910-12, 1917-20 and 1934-36 teams. All-time, USU is 121-96 (.558) at Romney Stadium.
- Utah State has won six-straight home games against in-state opponents as it defeated Weber State (70-6) in 2013; Southern Utah (34-3) and Utah (27-20 OT) in 2012; Weber State (54-17) in 2011; BYU (31-16) in 2010; and Southern Utah (53-34) in 2009. USU's last home loss against an in-state opponent was on Oct. 3, 2008 when it lost to BYU, 34-13.
- Utah State is 9-1 in its last 10 non-conference home games, including six straight wins, dating back to the 2009 season as it has posted non-conference home wins against Weber State (70-6) in 2013; Southern Utah (34-3), Utah (27-20 OT) and UNLV (35-13) in 2012; Weber State (54-17) and Wyoming (63-19) in 2011; Idaho State (38-17) and BYU (31-16) in 2010; and Southern Utah (53-34) in 2009, while its only loss during that stretch was a 35-34 double overtime loss to Colorado State in 2011. During its last 10 non-conference home games, USU is out-scoring its opponents 43.9 to 18.6.
- Utah State has won 19 of its last 24 games overall, which is USU’s best stretch since going 18-2-1 during the 1960-61 seasons. USU's five losses during its last 24 games have been by a combined 13 points as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26) and at USC (17-14) to open the 2013 season.
- Junior quarterback Chuckie Keeton currently ranks second in the nation with 17 touchdown passes, trailing Oregon State's Sean Mannion who leads the nation with 21 touchdowns.
- Utah State has 59 players in its program from the state of Utah, while BYU has 42 players on its roster from the state of Utah.
- After playing four of its first five games of the season on the road, Utah State will conclude the 2013 campaign by playing five of its final seven games at home.
Read much more in the full game notes at the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.