Aggies Face Idaho State in Home Opener Saturday Night
Thursday, Sep. 04, 2014
Utah State will host Idaho State in its home opener Saturday, Sept. 6, at 6 p.m. (MT). The game will be streamed live on the Mountain West Network/Campus Insiders (www.themw.com). (photo from Athletics website)
IDAHO STATE (0-1) vs. UTAH STATE (0-1)
SATURDAY, SEPT. 6, 2014 • 6:06 P.M. (MT) • LOGAN, UTAH • ROMNEY STADIUM (25,513)
GAME TWO INFORMATION
• Surface: AstroTurf
• Series History: USU leads 14-2
TV: MOUNTAIN WEST NETWORK
• Play-by-Play: Brian Estridge
• Analyst: Ted Sundquist
• Online: themw.com
RADIO: AGGIE SPORTS NETWORK
• Play-by-Play: Al Lewis
• Analyst: Craig Hislop
• Online: 610kvnu.com
• Official Account: @USUFootball
AGGIES FACE IDAHO STATE IN HOME OPENER
Utah State will begin the home portion of its 2014 schedule against Idaho State Saturday, Sept. 6, at 6 p.m. USU has won each of its last five home openers and is 77-38-2 all-time in its first home game of the season, including a 26-20 record at Romney Stadium. Overall, USU has won 12 of its last 14 home games dating back to 2011, and nine of its last 11 non-conference home games dating back to 2009.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR SATURDAY
• Utah State has won 25 of its last 34 games and those nine losses have been by a combined 79 points (8.8 ppg) as it lost to Ohio (24-23) in the 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, at No. 22 Wisconsin (16-14) and at BYU (6-3) in 2012, and at Utah (30-26), at USC (17-14), against BYU (31-14), against Boise State (34-23), at No. 24 Fresno State (24-17) in 2013, and at Tennessee (38-7) to start the 2014 season. Those 25 wins are also the third-most in the West behind Oregon (29) and Stanford (27).
• Utah State has won each of its last seven games against Football Championship Series (FCS) schools dating back to the 2000 season when it lost at home to Idaho State, 27-24.
• Utah State returns 11 of its 22 regular starters from 2013, six on offense and five on defense. In addition, the Aggies return all three of its kickers from last season. USU also returns 38 letterwinners from a year ago, 17 on offense, 18 on defense and three specialists.
• Utah State had eight first time starters and 18 players make their Division I debut in its season opener at Tennessee last weekend.
• Utah State is one of just nine Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) programs to win at least 20 games and record two bowl victories in the past two years joining Central Florida, Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, Michigan State, Oregon, Texas A&M and South Carolina.
• Utah State has won six of its last eight games played during the month of September and is 1-4 all-time in games played on Sept. 6.
• Utah State has 45 players in its program from the state of Utah, while Idaho State has 32 players on its active roster from the Gem State.
Read much more in the full game notes on the Athletics website.
Additional Aggie sports news is available at the Athletics website.