USU Student Association
Caine College of the Arts and the Leverhulme Trust…
This event will be held in the Tippetts Exhibit Hall.
This is an open group for student veterans to receive…
This weekly support group is designed to assist students…
Spirit Squad & Big Blue Request
Are you looking for a way to add spirit and fun to your parties, business meetings, or special events? If so, Utah State University's Big Blue and Cheerleaders are available upon request to add spice to any occasion. If you would like to have an exciting and memorable addition to your event, please complete the form below and "submit".
- Requests should be received at least three weeks prior to the event.
- Requests will be responded to via e-mail in three (3) to (5) business days.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee an appearance.
- Requests will be considered on first come, first serve basis and are dependent upon mascot/Spirit Squad availability.
- In the event that an appearance must be cancelled a (3) days prior notice must be given for fee reimbursement.
*Big Blue & Spirit Squad members are available for appearances throughout the year except June. Summer months, as well as Winter Break may be harder to fulfill an appearance request due to school being out of session.
Appearance Fees: Appearances have a one-hour minimum fee requirement
|Utah State Athletics, Student Involvement, Alumni Association & Presidents Office||**The purpose and mission of the Spirit Squad is to promote Aggie pride throughout USU’s student body and Alumni. They encourage participation and support for all men and women’s NCAA sporting events at USU.
**The Spirit Squad is housed and funded primarily by Student Involvement with contributions from the Utah State Athletic department.
|On Campus USU Department/Student Org Event Appearance||Utah State department on-campus appearances - up to 2 hours. Must be sponsored by a department, office, or student organization of Utah State University.||$40.00/hr|
|Schools (K-12)||Up to 2 hours||Free for 1 hour/$50.00 for additional hour|
|Nonprofit Organization Appearance||For nonprofit organization functions - up to two hours.||Free for 1 hour/$75.00 for additional hour|
|Athletic Event Big Blue Delivery||For Big Blue to make delivery during a Utah State Athletic event – 1-2 minutes. No balloons allowed in the Spectrum||$10.00|
|Community Big Blue Delivery||For a Big Blue visit up to 15 minutes. Spirit Squad members may accompany Big Blue per request for additional $10.00||$25.00|
|Non-University affiliated Photo shoot with Big Blue||For Big Blue to be in your photo (ex. Family, friends, office, etc). Requestor must provide photographer. Up to 2 hours||$50.00/hr|
|Birthday/Family/Wedding/Graduation Parties||For birthday or Family parities up to two hours.||$100.00/hr|
|Corporate USU donor Appearances||For USU donor corporate events - up to two hours.||$150.00/hr|
|Corporate non USU donor Appearances||For non-donor corporate events - up to two hours.||$250.00/hr|
|Other||Price and length of event TBD based on information provided.||$TBD|
Prices include attendance of either Big Blue or Spirit Squad members. If requestor desires both Big Blue & a small group of Spirit Squad members an additional $25.00/hr will be charged.
*Charge will not be applied to On-campus University organization, School (K-12), and Nonprofit Organization appearances.
Payments must be received before the appearance can take place (or arrangements made with the cheer/mascot office prior to event)
Checks should be made payable to "USU Spirit Squad" and may be sent to:
Utah State University Spirit Squad
0105 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322
Mileage and Parking Fees
Appearances outside Cache Valley will require the requester to pay the University mileage rate of $0.50/mile - $10.00 minimum. Cost will be added to appearance fee.
Reimbursement for incurred parking fees is also the responsibility of the requestor. Fee is to be paid at the time of event and be paid directly to the mascot /Spirit Squad in cash/check.
Additional Appearance Requirements
- Accurate directions, location, on-site contact and on-site phone number must be provided
- If only mascot is requested, an on-site contact must be available to escort the mascot to and from their vehicle for security purposes.
- If event requires travel outside Cache Valley a private and secure changing room must be provided for the mascot to change and keep belongings locked during the appearance.
- Water, preferably bottled, must be provided to the mascot.
- The mascot cannot be required to be inside the suit for longer than a maximum of 45 minutes at a time before taking a break. If the appearance is outdoors please allow extra breaks during that allotted time.
- A friendly and safe environment must be maintained. Big Blue & Spirit Squad members reserve the right to walk away from any appearance deemed unsafe or harmful and refunds (if applicable) will not be granted.
Appearance Request Form
To request a Big Blue and/or Spirit squad appearance, please fill out the following form and hit "submit". Please note that all fields must be completed in order to be processed.