USU Student Association
The Blind Hollow Yurt Reservations are open to everyone!…
During the tour, you will learn about the history of the…
Climb through the EcoSystem from the bedrock all the way…
We have swim lessons for kids & adults. This will be…
NEHMA and the Merrill-Cazier Library present black &…
Big Blue Auditions
|When:||Wednesday, April 2, 2014|
Check-in at 6:00pm
Auditions begin at 6:30pm
|Where:||Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum (850 N 800 E)|
|Registration Fee:||$25.00 (Cash or check)|
|What To Expect:||
Come prepared with a 2 to 3 minute skit set to music that demonstrates dance skills, crowd interaction, tumbling, enthusiasm, and creativity. You may use props.
You will be presented with scenarios in which you will be judged on how you react and your improvisational skills.
About The Position
- It is important that you understand the amount of commitment that is expected and required of you if you are selected to be Big Blue.
- You will be required to be available for numerous appearances as well as all home and occasional away games, meets, matches, etc. Both
- Men's and Women's sports expect Big Blue to be at those events.
- Big Blue is required to have and maintain a 2.5 GPA in order to be eligible to participate.
- We will only consider individuals who are willing to work hard, take direction, dedicate time and give energy to building up Big Blue and his image, and to be the best representative of one of the country's BEST and beloved Mascots.
- THIS IS A HUGE TIME COMMITMENT
Tryout Policies and Conduct
- You MUST be admitted to USU in order to tryout
- Big Blue auditions are open to the public.
- Complete Risk and Release form to be submitted at registration – form will be provided at registration.
- NO VIDEO TAPING DURING THE TRYOUT
- Safety Rules must be obeyed at all time. Please be professional and SAFE or you will be asked to leave the tryout.
- All props must be cleared for use on the floor prior to being used on the spectrum floor for your audition. Violation may disqualify you.
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL! We will not discuss or critique your tryout at any time. Please learn what you can and take what you can from this tryout experience. Also remember that identity of Big Blue is to remain confidential!!
There will be a MANDATORY Spirit Squad Meeting on Saturday, April 5th at the conclusion of Spirit Squad auditions.
Please bring a filled-out registration form and a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 with you (if you are under 18 years of age, make sure the application has your parent's signature on it). You can print the registration form on-line under Audition Application, pick one up in the Taggart Student Center (room 326), or call (435) 797-2912 and we can send you one.Download The
Utah State University will not be held responsible or liable for any injuries that may occur during these auditions. If selected to be a member of the USU Spirit Squad you are required to have a personal health insurance plan.