USU Student Association
This exhibits showcases works of art that share a…
This exhibit showcases, for the first time, the…
One of the funniest plays ever written, Noises Off…
Sample cheese and learn how it's made!
A funny, touching portrait of two people searching for…
Big Blue Auditions
|When:||Wednesday, March 30, 2016|
Registration begins at 4:30pm
Auditions begin at 5:00pm
|Where:||Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum (850 N 800 E)|
|Registration Materials:||$25.00 (Cash or check) & completed registration form|
|What To Wear:||Athletic attire (i.e. basketball shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes)|
|What To Expect:||
Come prepared with a 2 to 3 minute skit set to music that demonstrates dance skills, crowd
interaction, tumbling, enthusiasm, creativity, and any other special skills you may have. You
can use props.
You will also be presented with scenarios in which you will be judged on how you react and your improvisational skills.
About The Position
- It is important that you understand the amount of time that is expected of you if you are selected to be Big Blue.
- You will be required to be available for numerous appearances as well as a large number of games & activities at the University and around the community.
- Big Blue is required to have and maintain a 2.75 GPA in order to be eligible to participate.
- We will only consider individuals who are willing to work hard, take direction, and dedicate time and energy to building up Big Blue and his image, and to be the best representative of one of the country's BEST and most beloved Mascots.
- Please note: THIS IS A HUGE TIME COMMITMENT!!!
Tryout Policies and Conduct
- Big Blue auditions are open to the public.
- Risk and Release Form must be completed and signed in order to tryout – form will be provided at registration.
- NO VIDEO TAPING WILL BE ALLOWED DURING TRYOUTS
- Safety Rules must be obeyed at all times. Please be professional and SAFE or you will be asked to leave the tryout.
- All props must be cleared for use on the floor prior to your tryout. Violation may disqualify you.
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL! We will not discuss or critique your tryout at any time. Please learn what you can from this tryout experience.
- Also, remember that the identity of Big Blue is to remain confidential!!
There will be a MANDATORY Spirit Squad Meeting (for the person selected as Big Blue) on Saturday, April 2, 2016.
Please bring a filled-out registration form and a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 with you (if you are under 18 years of age, make sure the application has your parent's signature on it). You can print the registration form online under Audition Application, pick one up in the Taggart Student Center.
Utah State University will not be held responsible or liable for any injuries that may occur during these auditions. If selected to be a member of the USU Spirit Squad you are required to have a personal health insurance plan.