USU Student Association
This exhibit showcases works of art from the Germany…
Museum + Music: 'The Music of Dane Rudhyar.' Featuring…
Caine College of the Arts and the Leverhulme Trust…
Black Mountain College: Shaping Craft + Design. This…
Tuesday & Thursday, March 24 & 26, 2015
Tuesday & Thursday, March 31 & April 2, 2015
|Time:||6:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Where:||Stan Laub Indoor Training Facility (1350 North and 1100 East)|
|Cost:||$5.00 per stunt clinic session (cash or check)|
|What To Wear:||Cheer/Athletic attire|
|What To Expect:||
**Clinic Participation is OPTIONAL**
|When:||Friday and Saturday, April 3rd and 4th, 2015|
Females: April 3: 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm, April 6: 10:00 am until team is chosen
Males: April 3: 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm, April 6: 10:00 am until team is chosen
|Where:||Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum (850 N 800 E)|
|Registration Materials:||$25.00 registration fee (cash or check) & completed registration form|
|What To Wear:||
Female: Solid colored shorts with spandex/bikers underneath, fitted tank top/t-shirt, & cheer shoes.
Males: Gym shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes
|What To Expect:||
Friday, April 3, 2015: Registration will begin at 12:00pm for females & 3:15pm for males
- A series of cuts will be made throughout the auditions on Friday. Those participants that are not cut Friday will be invited back for the final audition on Saturday, April 4th at 10:00 am.
- Saturday, April 4, 2015: You will be judged on all the material that you learned and performed on Friday, April 3rd. Be prepared for a possible interview.
- 6-8 female and 6-8 male positions are available.
**Safety is a PRIORITY** If you jeopardize your own safety or the safety of others, you will be asked to leave
Prepare For Try-outs
- Cheers & Rally: Voice Quality, Showmanship, Appearance
- Running Tumbling: Round off back handspring series or round off back handspring back tuck is the minimum requirement. Passes with more difficult elements are scored higher.
- Standing Tumbling: Back tuck & standing toe touch back handspring are recommended.
- Jumps and Kicks: Control & flexibility
- Partner Stunts: Toss to hands - Liberty (minimum) although potential will be considered Optional advanced Stunts - Heel Stretch, Arabesque, Cupie, Full Downs, etc.
- Dance ability- Timing, rhythm, coordination, precision and technique in hip hop and pom routines (taught at auditions).
- Cheers & Rally: Showmanship, Appearance, Voice Quality
- Tumbling: Standing Back Tuck preferred - Not required
- Running Pass: Round off, back handspring, back tuck preferred – Not required
- Partner Stunts: Toss to hands - Liberty (minimum) although potential will be considered optional advanced Stunts - Heel Stretch, Arabesque, Cupie, Full Downs, etc.
A MANDATORY team meeting will take place at the completion of tryouts on Saturday, April 4th for all new squad members.
Please bring a filled-out registration form and a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 with you (if you are under 18 years of age, make sure the application has your parent's signature on it). You can print the registration form on-line under Audition Application, pick one up in the Taggart Student Center (room 326), or call (435) 797-1716 and we can send you one. Auditions are closed to everyone except the participants, coaches, judges and squad members.
Utah State University will not be held responsible or liable for any injuries that may occur during these auditions. If selected to be a member of the USU Spirit Squad you are required to have a personal health insurance plan.