uring the month of March, Community Health Charities is focusing on two different aspects of exercising. The first webinar will be addressing sports injuries and traumatic brain injuries. In addition, in an effort to educate your employees who may have a chronic disease, our second webinar will be on the importance of exercise in managing a chronic disease such as arthritis or back pain. The following webinars are being offered as a complimentary resource to our partners in giving:
“Be Head Smart: A Focus on Sports and Recreational Injuries ”
Date: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (EDST)
Presented in partnership with the Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
"Get Moving: How to Exercise with Chronic Conditions like Back Pain, Arthritis and Disabilities"
Date: Monday, March 25, 2013
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM (EDST)
Presented in partnership with The Arthritis Foundation, Arizona
- Every 23 seconds, someone in the U.S. experiences a brain injury.
- Data shows that, on average, approximately 1.7 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury annually.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a contributing factor to a third (30.5%) of all injury-related deaths in the United States.
- During the last decade, Emergency Department visits for sports- and recreation-related TBIs, including concussions, among children and adolescents increased by 60%.
- Recommendations for the management of arthritis from clinical treatment guidelines, A National Public Health Agenda for Osteoarthritis, have included physical activity among the interventions proven effective for improving the lives of adults with arthritis.
To learn more and to register, visit http://www.healthmattersatwork.org/Ongoing-HMatW-Webinars