Step into Fall
Be Well Step Into Fall Program Rules
1. The Be Well Step Into Fall Challenge is open to all USU employees and their spouse. This is an individual challenge, however working in groups may improve success by providing support and encouragement.
2. Points are awarded for drinking water and walking. Even modest lifestyle changes can greatly improve your health and well-being.
3. This challenge runs from September 10, 2012 to October 21, 2012.
4. Use the online tracking form to track your progress throughout the challenge. Submit your final results in an email or on paper to: Skie Jenson, Employee Wellness Center, HPER 109, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. If you qualify for at least 65% of the total challenge possible points you will receive a choice of a useful first aid kit, multi-tool flashlight or a cool Omron HJ 112 pedometer.
6. You are always welcome to work out in the Employee Wellness Center (HPER 109) with the Be Well staff. They have cardio machines, weights, a stretching mat, a weight scale, and a body fat analyzer. The Wellness Staff is there to support you in your wellness efforts, so use them!
7. You can earn an
extra 25 points for each of the following: Taking the Online Health Risk
Assessment, completing a Fitness Assessment or by watching the Health
Advocate Webinar located at https://podcasts.usu.edu/
Lifestyle Habit (Goals):
Drinking water (6-8 cups per day) 1 point per cup 8 pts/day (56 pts/week)
Walking (target 10,000 steps per day) 1 point per 2,500 steps UNLIMITED pts/day;week
Water: Fresh, local water in reusable containers is recommended. Sorry, but coffee, juice, sugar soda, milk, crystal light, diet soda, tea, lemonade, etc. do not count. (That’s why this is a challenge!)
Walking: Pedometers are sold in the Wellness Center (HPER 109) at our cost ($21 plus tax for Omron HJ-112).