Workplace Wellness Week
WORKPLACE WELLNESS WEEK 2013
Did you know that there is a full week dedicated to Workplace Wellness? After all, nearly everything now has a day or week dedicated to celebrating its very existence. If there is a national day for pancakes and margaritas, workplace wellness certainly deserves a full week in the celebration line-up! Initiated by the American Heart Association (AHA), the U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution that designates the first full week of April as "National Workplace Wellness Week." Join us the first week in April as we celebrate Wellness in the Workplace!
April 1- More Fruits & Veggies Monday
- Today, try and add one more serving of a fruit and a veggie. Try out a different recipe to spice things up a little. Need help with how to prepare your fruits and veggies? Check out our suggestions here: www.usu.edu/wellness. Send us your healthy recipes and we will post it on our site to share with others!
- Stop by the Employee Wellness Center (HPER 109) during Employee Only workout for a fresh apple (limited supply).
April 2- Tranquility Tuesday
- What’s more relaxing than a FREE 10 minute chair massage? Come get one today in the Employee Wellness Center (HPER 109) from 12-1pm & 2:30-6:30p. First come first serve, so don’t delay!
- Have you ever wanted to try Yoga? Today is your chance – FREE Yoga class with Dennise in HPER 213 from 12-1p. Bring a friend and come relax with us! (Yoga mats will be provided). If you can’t make it to Dennise’s Yoga, check out our Yoga video on our website. We will show you simple yoga exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home.
April 3- Water Wednesday
- Try to only drink water today and wait and see how your energy level increases! If you already drink water throughout the day, try adding another 8 oz.
- Come to our FREE Brown Bag – Why Water Works – in Library 154 from 12-1pm. You will learn why water is so good for you and how it benefits your body. If you are not on the Logan campus and would like to join us, please let Dayna know (email@example.com; 435-797-8519).
April 4- Thankful Thursday
- Today, instead of dwelling on what you want & need, be thankful for what you have. A lot of us are either so busy taking care of others or so busy with life in general we forget to take care of ourselves - take some time today and do something you normally wouldn’t do for yourself.
- It’s important to know what your health numbers are as well so we can take better care of ourselves. Come by the Employee Wellness Center today (11:30a-6:30p) for some FREE Health Screenings or schedule an appointment for a FREE Fitness Assessment (firstname.lastname@example.org). Make an appointment with your Primary Care Physician for your annual physical, which is covered at 100%, for a complete check on your health status.
April 5- Fitness Friday
- Take some time to get a little exercise today. Grab a friend/co-worker/family member and go for a walk, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and park a little further away from your destination.
- If you need to add a little intensity to your workout, check out our sample workouts on our website – you don’t need a lot (or any) equipment to get a good sweat on!
- FREE Running Clinic today from 12-1p on the HPER Field (West side), or HPER 201 if weather does not cooperate. Learn the proper running mechanics so you can be more efficient during your runs. Wear your running shoes and be ready to move!
We hope you have enjoyed Workplace Wellness Week!! Keep up these good habits – we are always here to help you on your wellness journey!