March 1: Priority Deadline (Logan, Regional Campuses) - To be admitted before priority registration
June 15: Final Admissions Deadline (Logan) - Students admitted after this date may be deferred to a future semester.
July 1: Final Admissions Deadline (Regional Campuses & USU Eastern)
March 1: Priority Deadline (Logan, Regional Campuses) - To be admitted before priority registration.
August 1: Final Admissions Deadline (Logan) - Students admitted after this date may be deferred to a future semester.
September 12:Final Admissions Deadline (Regional Campuses & USU Eastern)
Do You Need to Reapply for Admission?
If you have attended Utah State University:
- If you have attended in the last year (12 months) and did not do a Complete Withdrawal, you do not need to reapply for admission. If you are unable to register for classes please look up your student account on Access (Banner) at www.usu.edu/myusu or contact the Registrar's Office at (435) 797-1116.
- If you submitted a Complete Withdrawal you will need to reapply for admission, even if you last attended within the last year (12 months).
- If you submitted a Leave of Absence or an Admissions Deferment form and are returning the semester you indicated on your Leave of Absence or Deferment, you do not need to reapply for admission. If you are unsure if you filled out a Leave of Absence or an Admissions Deferment or don't remember what semester you indicated you would begin at Utah State, please contact the Admissions Office at 1.800.488.8108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin a new application.
- If you attended another school during your time away from Utah State University, you must reapply for admission. Please fill out the Undergraduate Application and send official transcripts from all schools you have attended since you left Utah State.
If you have not yet attended Utah State University:
- If you want to change the semester of your admittance prior to being accepted to Utah State, please contact the Admissions Office at 1.800.488.8108 or email email@example.com.
- If you have been admitted and want to change the semester of your admittance to a future semester, please go to www.usu.edu/loa and complete an Admission Deferment. You may submit a request for deferment as long as the request is received before the last day of the semester of your original application.
If you have decided to change your major:
- To change your major before the first day of classes for your first semester, please contact your Admissions Officer in the Admissions Office with your request. You can find their contact information at www.usu.edu/admissions/contact. Applications are evaluated by Admissions Officer based on the first letter of the applicant's last name. You do not need to complete a new application to change your major.
- To change your major once the semester has begun, please contact your Academic Advisor. Click here to see who your Advisor is. Advisors are listed by major.
- Application fee - $50 nonrefundable
- Official college transcripts (from colleges attended since enrollment at USU)
Applicants must meet the minimum GPA requirement for their desired major (see www.usu.edu/degrees). Applicants whose GPA does not meet the requirements of their desired major may be offered an "undeclared" major if they have at least a 2.3 GPA and fewer than 60 transfer credits. If the academic work does not meet this standard, applications will be considered on an individual basis.
Academic Action (Students not in good standing)
Utah State University cares about the academic success of its students. If you left Utah State University with a USU cumulative GPA of less than 2.0, you are not in "good standing" academically at USU. As such, your readmission will be processed differently so as to better ensure your academic success. Our goal is to help students return to good standing quickly, and to help students meet their educational goals.
Students who left on academic action (warning, probation, suspension, or dismissal) must follow these Instructions, print and complete an Academic Inquiry Form to be considered for readmission. Student must also complete the standard application for general admission as a returning student and submit the application fee. (click "Online Application" above to find this application) Applications of students who did not leave in "Good Standing" will not be accepted after the readmission dates:
Students who seek readmission but who are not in good standing must reapply by the following readmission dates:
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
Please note that the deadlines are earlier than published admissions deadlines for students returning in good standing. The reason for this is that classes fill up very quickly. Desirable course times and required classes become progressively harder to add. Since your goal is to remove obstacles to academic success, we require that students that are not in good academic standing apply for readmission while course availability is at a premium. This also allows for thorough academic advising before you register for classes.