Aggie Involvement Scholarship and Ambassador Program Application
Deadline January 10, 2017
Involvement scholarships are awarded to those students who have demonstrated qualities of leadership and have made superior contributions to their school and community. Several scholarships will be offered in varying amounts, based on the individual’s achievement in extracurricular activities, leadership, and service. Recipients of the involvement scholarship will have the opportunity to attend Aggie BLUE Fall Leadership and other leadership courses, join campus clubs and other organizations. International students are ineligible for the Involvement Scholarship, but can apply for the Ambassador Program.
Students interested in the Ambassador Program must first complete the Involvement Scholarship application. At the end of the Involvement Scholarship Application, students can choose to continue with the Ambassador Program application. Criteria for the Ambassador Program includes:
- A minimum 20 ACT (940 SAT) and 108 Index for incoming freshman
- Incoming freshman must be a 2017 high school senior. Students planning to defer should apply for fall 2017 to be eligible.
- A minimum 3.2 GPA, 24 credits, and 1 year completed at a college/university prior to attending USU.
- Incoming transfers must be a 2017 college student. Students planning to defer should apply for fall 2017 to be eligible.
The longevity of the Ambassador Program is based upon Admissions type:
- Incoming Freshman: 1 year, renewable up to 4 years, full tuition and student body fee award.
- Incoming Transfer: 1 year, renewable up to 2 years, full tuition and student body fee award.
- Incoming International: 1 year, renewable up to 4 years, between $4,000-$5,000 per year.
On average, 700 applications will be submitted and 30 students will be selected. University Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals who have demonstrated ability in and outside the classroom and reflect the quality of students admitted to Utah State University. Because the primary function of the ambassador program is to assist future Utah State students, ambassadors should have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in team environments, and display enthusiasm for Utah State. Students who have demonstrated extensive high school involvement in extracurricular activities such as student government, club involvement, service coordination, and other significant leadership opportunities are encouraged to apply.
Additionally, the following information is required:
- 4 pages of supplemental documentation/portfolio to be electronically uploaded. (Any additional pages will not be reviewed) Information about electronic upload will be included in confirmation emails.
- 2 letters of recommendation. Have the email addresses available for two individuals as their email addresses will be required in the application. The USU Office of Admissions will email the recommenders directly for their letter.
Students selected as a recipient of the Ambassador Program will be notified by mid-March. For more information, please visit with a recruiter or call the Office of Admissions at 1-800-488-8108.