Educational Opportunity Scholarship
The Educational Opportunity Scholarship is available to incoming freshman. Consideration is based on 1st generation, ethnicity, and demonstration of financial need.
Scholarship Application Deadline
March 1, 2020 (deadline for Fall 2020 has passed)
Varies from $500 to full tuition
- Students must complete the online application for admissions to USU.
- A minimum 3.50 GPA and 20 ACT.
- Complete personal essays as part of the application.
- Applicants agree to use the scholarship in consecutive semesters, unless a deferment or leave of absence is approved.
- Students awarded the scholarship can only use the scholarship on the USU Logan Main campus.
Your essays will include
- What personal/social barriers have you had to overcome to get to where you are today?
- Why do you want to go to college and what are your goals after college?
- What involvement/leadership opportunities have you had in your high school and/or community?
- What financial needs do you face regarding college?
- Why do you think you would be a good recipient for this scholarship?
For any questions, please contact Nahomi Jimenez for scholarship options.