Need-Based scholarships are awarded to admitted students who qualify based on financial need. This scholarship will be offered through the USU Financial Aid Office in varying amounts based on the following information and deadlines:
All applicants wishing to be considered must also complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. For more information, call the Office of Admissions at 1-800-488-8108. 2017-18 FAFSA applications will be available online starting October 1, 2016.
To be considered for need-based scholarships, applicants must:
- Complete online application to USU for fall 2017 (including application fee)
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have a Permanent Resident Status
- Be eligible for federal Pell grants
- Have intent to graduate from Utah State University
- Be a new first-time student to Utah State University. Returning students and 2nd bachelor students do not qualify for need-based or academic scholarships. Concurrent enrollment students are still eligible for scholarships.
- The Needs-Based Scholarship is not deferrable. Students planning to defer admission to a later semester must apply for the Needs-Based Scholarship in the year they are planning to attend.
Recipients of the Need-Based scholarship will be notified by Financial Aid Office at the end of March 2017. Need-Based scholarships are limited and will only be awarded on a first come, first served basis to students who apply and qualify by the advertised deadlines. Please apply as early as possible for consideration.
Scholarship and FAFSA Deadline
- January 10 - Logan & Regional Campuses online application for admission to USU