Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Application Closed - Deadline: February 1
To be considered for the WUE applicants must:
- Complete online application to USU for fall 2016 as an incoming freshman OR transfer.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have intent to graduate from USU
- Be admitted to USU
- Be a legal resident of a participating state: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado,
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, and Wyoming
- Freshman must have an admissions index of 100 or higher
- Transfer students must have a 3.0 or higher transfer GPA and at least 24 post high school credits
WUE is an exchange program for undergraduate students. It allows students to pay 150% of resident tuition. The program is filled on a yearly basis beginning with fall semester. Because this program is limited, you are encouraged to apply early. To be considered for the WUE program, a student MUST submit a WUE Application Form. If you have further questions please contact Jo Olsen at email@example.com or 435.797.8131.
Notification of awards will begin the last week of March. The program is set for a maximum of 8 semesters. Transfer awards will vary depending on the number of transfer credits already accumulated.
Time the student is enrolled on the WUE will NOT count towards requirements for resident status for tuition purposes.
Participants in the WUE program must do the following to remain eligible:
- Be enrolled for no less than 12 credit hours per semester. The WUE will not pay on more than 18 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative USU grade point average
- Have not accepted any other USU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).
WUE will be awarded to students based on index or transfer GPA, academic program, personal circumstances, and application date (if necessary).
For questions or additional information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange at USU, please contact the Admissions Office at 800.488.8108 or 435.797.8131. For more general information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange program, please visit wue.wiche.edu .
For information on the residency law for Utah, please visit