Skip to main content

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
Deadline: January 10, 2017

To be considered for the WUE applicants must:

  • Complete online application to USU for fall 2017 as an incoming freshman OR transfer.
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
  • Have intent to graduate from USU.


  • Be admitted to USU.
  • Be a legal resident of a participating state: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, and Wyoming
  • Freshman must have an admissions index of 110-116 (students with an index of 117 or higher should contact if they’d like to be considered for the WUE).
  • Transfer students must have a 3.2 - 3.59 transfer GPA and at least 24 post high school credits (students with a GPA of 3.60 or higher should contact if they’d like to be considered for the WUE).
  • No secondary application is required. Students meeting the above requirements will automatically be offered the WUE.

Program details:

WUE is an exchange program for undergraduate students. It allows students to pay 150% of resident tuition. The program is filled on a yearly basis beginning with fall semester, and is set for a maximum of 8 semesters. Transfer awards will vary depending on the number of transfer credits already accumulated.

Time the student is enrolled on the WUE will NOT count towards requirements for resident status for tuition purposes.

Participants in the WUE program must do the following to remain eligible:

  • Be enrolled for no less than 15 credit hours per semester. The WUE will not pay on more than 18 credit hours per semester.
  • Maintain a 2.75 cumulative USU grade point average.
  • Have not accepted any other USU scholarship in the form of tuition waiver or tuition reduction (private cash awards or scholarships are acceptable).

For questions or additional information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange at USU, please contact the Admissions Office at 800.488.8108 or 435.797.8131. For more general information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange program, please visit

For information on the residency law for Utah, please visit