College of Engineering
Graduates from the College of Engineering leave Utah State University with so much more than a college degree. They leave having experienced the thrill of winning a national student competition, or the opportunity to work side-by-side with faculty in research labs. These are the experiences that prepare students like Cole Sorensen to head into the world and become leaders in their field. Here are a few recent highlights from the College of Engineering:
- Biological Engineering students have won six consecutive Gold Medals at iGEM – the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition in Boston.
- Civil Engineering students took 3rd place overall at the 2018 ASCE regional Steel Bridge competition. The team also took first place for lightest bridge.
- Students in the Computer Science department have hosted Utah’s biggest intercollegiate hackathon, HackUSU, for three consecutive years.
- A student and faculty from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering patented a technology to estimate heart rate using only a video camera.
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering students have won first place in several NASA-sponsored rocket competitions and the Air Force Research Laboratory design challenge.
Please join me in impacting our students’ lives by making your gift today.
Jagath J. Kaluarachchi
Gifts to College of Engineering truly change lives for students like Cole Sorensen.
2018 College of Engineering Valedictorian
Extracurricular ActivitiesMember of Tau Beta Pi Honor Society
HobbiesBoating, Snowmobiling, Shooting, Camping, and being outdoors
When it comes to life there is no substitute for hard work, but remember to always make time for family, friends, and fun!
To read more about the College of Engineering.
Development Officer - Val Potter || (435) 797-8014 || email@example.com