Peer Advisor Training
University Advising values peer advisors and the positive difference they make in the lives of our students at Utah State University. USU has invested in the professional development of peer advisors as they learn the practice of serving students through higher education. USU peer advisor training meets the requirements of Certified Peer Educators through NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education. By engaging in required trainings, peer advisors can become Certified Peer Educators for free.
All trainings are held on Fridays from 2-4 pm in Huntsman Hall Room 130 (unless otherwise noted). Trainings marked with an * are required for Certified Peer Educator certification.
- September 2: Peer Advisor Opening Social (Taggart Student Center 302)
- September 9: Understanding the Power, Roles, and Characteristics of Peer Educators*
- September 16: Understanding Change as a Peer Educator*
- September 23: Being an Effective Listener as a Peer Educator*
- September 30: A Peer Educator’s Role as a Responder*
- October 7: Bystander Intervention as a Peer Education*
- October 14: No training, Fall Break
- October 21: Intrapersonal Applications of Identity as a Peer Educator*
- October 28: Programming Strategies for Peer Educators*
- November 4: Group Development and Moving Forward*
- November 11: Make-up day
Courses taught by Erin Bergeron, Certified Peer Educator Trainer, and Mykel Beorchia, Appreciative Advising.