Like everyone, 2020 has been a difficult year for us at the USU Botanical Center, both financially and socially. During this challenging time, we have kept our beautiful teaching gardens open so you could visit, learn, and enjoy the rejuvenation only nature brings. We are now hoping you might be able to help us in return. On August 1st, we will launch our 30-days of giving campaign that will be communicated through our social media channels and to our supporters, members, and donors.
The majority of our funding for programs, events, gardens, maintenance, and demonstration areas comes from supporters like you who also see the importance of helping future generations experience nature. You are a vital part of our effort and any amount you can contribute will help us reach our goals.
With your generous support, we hope to be able to raise $100,000 during this 30-day campaign. Here is where that money will go:
- Expansion of Arboretum (finish planting) - $30,000
- This would include the purchase of 30 new trees ($5,000), new chips to control the weeds and beautify the arboretum( $8,000), new tall fescue walkway ($12,000), and signage ($5,000)
- Finish the edible crops and bee demonstration area - $30,000
- Pollinator Garden ($7,000), bee teaching area ($3,000), flagstone paths ($3,000), tall fescue path ($6,000), signage ($4,000), and irrigation ($7,000)
- Equipment update - $20,000
- Utility/maintenance vehicles ($15,000); small equipment: chain saws, string trimmers, etc. ($2,500); other needed tools ($2,500).
- General irrigation system updates to improve water efficiencies - $20,000
USU Botanical Center AggieFunded has started!
Most Recent Gifts