Resources for Underrepresented Students
Utah State University Resources
- USU Inclusion Center
- USU Inclusion Center Resource List
- USU Queer Student Alliance
- LGBTQIA+ in USU Today
- Equality Utah
- Logan Pride
- Utah Pride Center
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Trans Student Educational Resources
- The Trevor Project - Call: 1-866-488-7386 - Text the word “START” to 678678
- THRIVE Lifeline - Text the word “Thrive” to: +1.313.662.8209
- Trans Lifeline - Call: 1-877-565-8860
- LGBT National Help Center
Other Support Services:
USU Specific Resources
Mental Health Resources
- Referral to Tia for Native-specific therapists (discuss with Melissa Tehee regarding location of therapists)
- Rural Community Toolbox: Information Resources for American Indian, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians
- Native and Indigenous Communities and Mental Health
- Two Spirit and LGBTQ Health
Suicide Prevention Resources
- Indigenous ways of healing Resources
WeRNative : a comprehensive health resource for Native youth by Native youth, promoting holistic health and positive growth in local communities and nation at large
- My Culture – Wellness and Healing, Identity
- My Life – My Mind – Mental Health Difficulties, Improve Your Mood, Getting Help, and more (including specific MH issues)
- My Relationships – Unhealthy Relationships, Communicating, LGBT – Two Spirit
- Ask Auntie: similar to advice column – type in your question and it will pull up similar ones; if none answer what you’re asking, Auntie Amanda will write up an answer and notify you when it is posted
- StrongHearts Native Helpline: The StrongHearts Native Helpline (1-844-762-8483) is a confidential and anonymous culturally-appropriate domestic violence and dating violence helpline for Native Americans, available every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT.
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love (Book by Sonya Renee Taylor)
- The Body is Not an Apology How Disability Justice is Radical Self Love! by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Body Positive Power: How to Stop Dieting, Make Peace with Your Body and Live (Book by Megan Jayne Crabbe)
- Body Positive Power (book by Megan Crabbe)
- The Militant Baker (body autonomy, self-love, mental health etc.) Jes Baker’s website has a ton of resources
- Body Image Resilience
- USU organization SPEAK
- USU Counseling & Psychological Services
- Student Wellness Center, Dietician Services[BROKEN LINK], Brooke Parker
Faith and Religion
Hillel distinguishes itself as the largest Jewish student organization, partnering with over 550 academic institutions around the world to provide scholars with networking opportunities, Birthright trips and community events. This student organization is completely free to join.
Muslim Student Association (MSA) National is a nonprofit that provides outreach events, strategic planning, school funding and student scholarships across the U.S. and Canada.
Logan Newman Center: Our mission is to increase the influence of students in the life of the Church, while also increasing the influence of the Church in the life of students. We are the Catholic Newman Center here at Utah State University, the home away from home for Catholics on campus.
USU Interfaith Initiative
The USU Interfaith Initiative began with the goal of creating a greater sense of connectedness on campus with all persons not just in spite of varying backgrounds but because of a greater appreciation for diversity of faith, culture and tradition.
USUSA Secular Student Alliance
The USUSA SSA provides a community space for atheist, agnostic, humanist, and secular students at USU.
Race, Ethnicity, and Gender
- Dismantle Collective.org
- White Allyship 101
- Act to Change.org
- Act to change.org (resources for Asian Americans and Pacific islanders during COVID-19)
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Human Rights Campaign
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Immigrant Justice
- Implicit bias project
- The difference between being “not racist” and anti-racist (TedTalks)
- Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
Therapy and Healing
- National Center for College Students with Disabilities Clearinghouse: This site includes a resource directory.
- Crisis Line for VideoPhone users who use American Sign Language (available 24/7):321-800-3323 (321-800-DEAF)
- Ability Magazine
- American Association of Persons with Disabilities: This site includes a list of resources, scholarships, internships, etc.
- USU Disability Resource Center
USU CAPS does not endorse any specific treatment program listed in this list.