Fitness Special Events
New Year’s Resolution Board, January 5-26, ARC
- Share your New Year’s Resolution with others and stay accountable with our Resolution Board. Located in the ARC on the MAC gym window.
ARC Fitness Orientations, January 5-31, ARC
- We're offering FREE ARC Fitness Orientations throughout the month of January, led by a certified personal trainer.
- You'll learn about:
- How to properly perform exercises using our machines and various other fitness equipment, such as our circuit rig
- The best way to structure a workout for your goal
- New uses for kettlebells, dumbbells and more
- Spring 2018 fitness offerings at the ARC
- Any fitness questions answered!
Glowga, January 24, 7:30pm ARC- The Loft
- Join us for an evening of glow-in-the-dark yoga, complete with glow sticks and black lights! Bring friends and wear your neon clothes!
Viva Veggie! Nutrition Workshops, February 1-28, ARC
Click here to register.
- Join the USU Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Sciences program for some healthy cooking workshops using different veggies. Free food and hands-on cooking experience is provided.
February 6th 4:30 pm: What the Kale? Dressing Up Your Everyday Salads!
6:30 pm: Onions! For crying out loud! Adding Pizzazz to your Pita Bread Pizza!
February 7th 4:30 pm: Expand your Hummus Horizons and Learn about Legumes
February 8th 4:30 pm: Oi! Pas-ta Sauce! Learn how to make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
February 13th 4:30 pm: Baked Sweet Potato Fries: A Healthy Fast Food Alternative
6:30 pm: Creativity and Cauliflower: How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice
Ride for Red Cycling Class Competition, February 1-28, ARC & Fieldhouse
- Cardiovascular activity improves heart health, and cycling is just fun! Attend cycling classes during February and put your name on the leaderboard. For each class that you attend, you’ll receive one heart-shaped sticker to put next to your name. At the end of the month, the top three participants with the most stickers will win fun prizes, like an iFit or a season hockey pass!
Intro to Lifting: Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, February 8, 6-7:30pm, Fieldhouse
- Learn the proper way to lift and how to build strength and endurance in three basic lifts- the squat, deadlift, and bench press. Personal trainers will break down the movements, show participants proper form, and recommend training programs to gain strength. This is great preparation for the Strength and Conditioning lifting competition, which will feature these three lifts, on March 24th.
Valentine’s Day Partner Yoga, February 14th 6-7pm, HPER
- Bring a friend, significant other, or come solo and make new friends at our Valentine’s Day Partner Yoga class. Instructors will lead you thought basic, fun, and challenging partner yoga exercises that will you get and your partner working as a team, connecting, and growing together while laughing and getting a great working it.
Campus Rec "Dry Tri" (Dry Triathlon- Row, Bike, Run), February 24th 8AM, Aggie Recreation Center 2nd Floor
- Row, Bike, Run. The first annual Dry Tri subs out swim caps and goggles for you guessed it, row machines! Competitors will begin the race with a 5k row on a row machine, followed by a 10k bike (indoor stationary bikes provided) and a 5k run on a treadmill looking out the ARC's large scenic windows. Take on the challenge as an individual or grab your friends and compete in a relay team of two or three. Beginners to advanced tri runners welcome! We will provide the heart pounding music and post race snacks to help push you through! Register for the Dry Tri here!
Trail Run Tuesdays, March 13th, 20th, 27th, 5:30pm, ARC
- Explore Logan’s beautiful trails, meet other runners, and work on your running goals with a trail run for all fitness levels and paces. Led by an avid and experienced runner, you’ll work on running technique, pacing, and reaching your running goals. In the case of inclement weather, the run will be held inside. Routes and distances will be announced the day before the run on our social media page.
Irish Dancing Fitness Class, March 14th, 5:30-6:30pm, ARC
- Get jiggy with it! Try the basics of Irish Dancing in a fun fitness class that will leave you sweaty and happy. Taught by a competitive Irish Dancer, this class will have you ready to show off your moves on St. Patrick’s Day.
S&C Lifting Competition, March 24th, Fieldhouse
- Showcase your strength in a competition featuring the bench press, squat, and deadlift. Males and females will compete in heavy and lightweight categories. Powerlifting not your thing? Compete in a CrossFit inspired WOD instead, or do both the lifts and WOD. Judging will be done by certified personal trainers and CrossFit Coaches. Prizes and awards will be given out for top finishers!
Fitness & Wellness Expo, April 11th, 6-8pm, ARC
- Find ways to improve your health and fitness at our expo! Try 20 minutes of our various fitness classes, from yoga to bootcamp and Zumba. Drop-in, or stay the whole time, and while you’re not working out, stop by our various wellness tables with community and campus resources to stay healthy. Free snacks, cooking demos, and nutrition counseling will help you find ways to properly fuel your body. Earn prizes for participating in activities and visiting tables.
Earth Day Outdoor Yoga, April 23rd, 12pm, ALF
- Celebrate Earth Day and connect with the outdoors with a yoga class that will ground you, improve focus, and generate mindfulness. This all-levels class will have you embracing the beautiful Logan scenery and appreciating the world around you while you build strength, endurance, and flexibility.