Our Aggie family extends beyond our 32 Statewide Campuses and centers. It includes you, your communities, and encompasses the state of Utah. As a land-grant and space-grant university, our mission is to serve the public through learning, discovery, and engagement. We are here to help you share your community engagement opportunities with students and faculty who are eager to get to know you and help fulfill community needs determined by you.
Connect with USU Students and Faculty
Are you looking to increase your connection with USU? You came to the right spot. AggiePulse is the tool you’ll need to create a stronger, lasting relationship with USU.
How can my organization join AggiePulse?
If you are a local non-profit, school or government entity and would like to partner with USU, please email Amanda Bevington to let us know you would like to have a page on AggiePulse. In your email, please provide the name of your organization, a brief description, address, and the name and email address of the person at your organization who will manage the page. You will receive an email from the system when your page has been created.
Share Available Community Engagement Opportunities
Once you’ve joined AggiePulse and your group page has been created, you can share your group’s available community engagement opportunities with the USU community. Follow the steps outlined below to add an event, project, or opportunity.
Navigate to the dashboard
On the group dashboard, select the “Events” section on the left-hand admin panel.
Click “Add Event”
Click "Add Event."
Fill out required fields
You'll then be guided through a process to fill out the required fields:
- Name of the event
- Type – volunteer opportunity, event, project, fundraiser, donation drive, ticked event, pledge
- Duration – single-day, multi-day, recurring, random dates throughout the year, or an open opportunity with no defined times, event with shifts
- Privacy Settings – you can make an event private in the settings section
- Participants Needed – specify the amount of people you believe will be needed. If you have an unlimited number, set it as "-1"
- Admin – the choices available include members and existing admins in your group
- Description – we suggest creating a description that is short, concise, and enticing to drive interest to your event
Go into advanced sections
You will then have the option to go into advanced sections to add event specific logos, social media, website links, etc. Fill in the sections as you wish.
The event will be placed into draft mode, and you will have the option to “Publish.”
*For more information on group registration, collecting registration data, and registration approval, visit the GivePulse article on posting an event, project, or opportunity.