Aviation Science: MAS
The Master of Aviation Science degree is a 100% online professional degree program which provides students with the flexibility to pursue an advanced degree in Aviation. Graduates will gain skills that will help them in their profession, can expect increased earnings, and will possess the credentials to explore new career opportunities in any aviation field. All courses are available online. Most students in the program take two-three classes (6-9 credits) per semester.
- MAS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Ignacio, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Price (USU Eastern), Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Thanksgiving Point, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
For online offering, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
With a master in aviation science , students may pursue careers in the following areas:
- Professional Pilot
- Airport Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Flight Safety Program Manager
- Ground Safety Program Manager
- Aviation Faculty
- Aviation Safety Consulting
- Accident Investigation
- Safety Inspector
Students from any undergraduate background with aviation experience or an aviation Bachelor’s degree are welcome to apply.
- Complete the online application (Pay close attention to the essay question in the online application. The response will be used in admissions decision)
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on in the GRE or MAT
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International students have additional admissions requirements.
Applications, including test results, must be completed no later than two months prior to the start of the semester in which you would like to begin taking classes. Students are allowed to take 2 courses in the program prior to matriculation in the program (being admitted).
A variety of funding opportunities are available, including fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, tuition awards, and travel support. Additionally, students may be eligible for subsidized health insurance through qualifying assistantships.
Professional Organizations, Honor Societies, and Clubs
Alpha Eta Rho: This is a national professional honorary aviation fraternity for those who have chosen a major in aviation. The club focusses on service, scholarship and networking with students, alumni and future students.