Education Paraprofessional: CC
The Education Paraprofessional Certificate of Completion provides potential or current paraprofessionals in the schools with course work specific to their role as paraprofessionals. It is the only such program in the state of Utah. By learning the instructional skills, assessment techniques, safety procedures, and interpersonal relationship skills they'll need to work successfully with the teachers they assist and the learners in their charge, paraprofessionals with this certificate will be prepared to join a teaching team as a contributing member.
- CC - Logan, Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Delta, Ephraim, Heber City, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover, Online
- Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
- International students studying at USU on the F-1 or J-1 visa must have the majority of their classes each semester be face-to-face in order to meet the physical presence requirement to maintain their visa status. Students on the F-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan or USU Eastern campuses. Students on the J-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan campus.
For online offering:
- Elementary or secondary teacher's aide
- Special education resource aide
- Specialty teacher (e.g., music, art, physical education, technology)
- Success coach
This is a cohort program. Applications are taken each spring to begin course work the ensuing fall. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma. Preference may be given to individuals already hired as paraprofessionals in the schools.
Office: Roosevelt Campus
Phone: (435) 722-1708
All USU-Brigham City and Tremonton students
Office: Brigham City and Kaysville
Phone: (435) 919-1228
Office: Tooele Campus
Phone: (435) 797-8463
Office: Taylorsville, UT
Phone: (435) 797-4230
Phone: (435) 623-0537
Academic Advising - Moab
Office: Moab campus
Phone: (435) 797-8463
Academic Advising - Blanding
Office: HSL 104
Phone: (435) 678-8124
Phone: (435) 613-5124