USU Eastern is offering students in Price, Utah, the chance to develop industry-specific skills and gain hands-on experience with a Drones Certificate-Certificate of Completion. Students can expect to become a certificated commercial remote pilot, build their own drones, and gain experience in a variety of different professional settings. Students develop a working knowledge of the design, maintenance, and control of unmanned aerial systems (drones), while learning how UAS skills are applied in a variety of careers and professional fields.
Requirements and Details
- Completion of the certificate earns 30 credits applicable to a degree
- Certificate is completed between a single Fall and Spring semester
- Tuition and fees include up to four drones, including student-designed drones
- Minimum 2.5 GPA to begin and complete certificate program
- Entry to the program is possible only during the Fall semester
- Certificate is only available at USU Eastern in Price, UT
Possible Careers with UAS Certificate:
- Drone Operations
- Drone Design
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, UAS Certificate program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
- Transfer students: Students transferring from other institutions and students transferring from other USU majors must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 to be accepted into the major.
Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA to enter and graduate from the UAS Certificate.
International students have additional admissions requirements.