Welding Technology: CC, CP
The Certificate of Completion in Welding Technology is designed for students who wish to pursue employment in the welding industry after completing a one-year sequence of courses. To obtain a Certificate of Completion in Welding Technology, students must complete 23 credit hours in welding plus 9 credit hours in general education classes, including specific communication, math, and human relations courses. An example of courses that fill these requirements follow.
The Certificate of Proficiency in Welding Technology is an 18-credit-hour stand-alone credential that will contribute to requirements for the existing Certificates of Completion in Welding Technology as well as the Associate of Applied Science in Welding Technology degree.
Students who complete the Welding program are prepared to work as a Welder in the following:
- Welding Inspection
- New freshman admitted to USU Eastern in good standing qualify for admission to this program.
- Transfer students from other institutions need a 2.5 GPA for admission to this major.
- Students transferring from other USU Eastern majors need a total GPA of 2.5 for admission to this major.
- No welding courses below a C may be applied toward meeting graduation requirements.
- Visual acuity requirements: 20/40 vision and Jaeger J-2 at 12 inches, with or without corrective lenses. If corrective lenses are required to attain this level of visual acuity, the corrective lenses must be worn during class periods.
USU Eastern Campus in Price
Office: One Stop Student Services
Phone: (435) 613-5462