Secondary Education- Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL): Licensure
Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) offers bachelor's degree holders a chance to earn their teaching license. The Utah State Office of Education has partnered with Utah State University to allow us to provide their pedagogy courses for Secondary Education licensure. In addition, we offer ARL students a unique opportunity to use their ARL coursework towards a Master's in Secondary Education.
There are many advantages to earning your Utah State Office of Education-Alternative Route to Licensure credits with Utah State University, including:
- A secondary education master's degree from an education graduate school ranked #24 overall in the nation by U.S. News & World Report
- Faster track to a teaching position
- Credits that count toward a master’s degree and higher compensation
- Outstanding job prospects throughout Utah
For more information, visit http://teal.usu.edu/professional-advancement/alternative-route.
- Licensure - , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Milford, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Price (USU Eastern), Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
Office: 2500 South State Street, Floor 5, SLC, UT
- School of Teacher Education and Leadership
- Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services