A resident in Merrill Hall turned their oven on to heat it up to clean it. After the oven had been on for a little while, he noticed a fire inside the oven. He opened the oven and poured water on the flames to put it out. After extinguishing the flame, he turned off the over and reported the fire to Housing.
There was a fire caused when one of the workers at the Poisonous Plant Research Center was burning weeds near one of the hay barn facilities. The weeds burning caused a fire to the hay which consisted of three large hay bales. Due to the fire not being able to be put out by a small garden hose that was on scene. The Fire Department was called to put the rest of the larger fire out.
Poisonous Plant Research Lab
A Lab tech in was conducting an conducting an experiment that resulted in a fire. The experiment dripped from the condenser onto the surface of a hot plate, and ignited. A fire extinguisher was used to put out the fire. The used fire extinguisher was replaced with a new one.