USU Computer Lab Accessibility
There are a variety of accessibility resources available in computer labs across campus. If you have any questions or problems please let us know. The Disability Resource Center will work with any student who might need additional accessibility software or hardware placed in a specific lab.
Campus Computer Labs
The Information Technology Computer Labs has general information all of the computer labs on campus, including on the Information Technology labs. More information about the accessibility of the labs is available below.
Labs with JAWS on Every Computer
The JAWS screen reader is available on every computer in each of the following labs on campus:
- Taggart Student Center (TSC) Computer Lab
- Ag Science Computer Lab
- Family Life Computer Lab
- Information Commons Computer Labs
- Sci-Tech Library
- University Reserve (UR) Graphics
- The Adele and Dale Young Education Technology Center (YETC)
- Engineering Lab and Engineering Computer Lab
- English Department Computer Labs
Labs with JAWS on Select Computers
- Computer Science Computer Labs In the TAR Lab (ESLC 131) JAWS is installed on computers 24, 25, 32 and 33 (two computers on the back row on the left side of the room and two on the back row on the right). In the Old Main Lab (Old Main 229) JAWS in installed on computers 1-5 on the South end of the room.
- Huntsman Computer Labs
All of the computers in EBB 115 are running JAWS and the other two labs have at least 4 computers running JAWS that are available for use.
The Disability Resource Center has Assistive Technology labs that include the following accessibility software:
- Freedom Scientific JAWS Screen Reader
- NVDA Screen Reader
- MAGic Screen Magnifier
- TextAloud Text to Speech Software
- MathPlayer Universal Math Reader
- MathType Accessible Equation Editor
In addition they have large monitors, video magnifiers, a transformer camera, and handheld video magnifiers.