Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training
Required Sexual Misconduct Prevention Training for Employees
All full-time and part-time employees must complete training in the prevention of sexual misconduct within 60 days of when they are a new employee and then again every year. The training's content is based on an employee's designation as either a reporting employee, designated confidential resource, or resource connection employee.
The sexual misconduct prevention trainings empower employees to become a leader in prevention by teaching them how to recognize and address sexual misconduct, their obligations related to sexual misconduct behaviors, university and community support resources, and bystander intervention skills.
Required Training Types
- Designated Confidential Resource: professional counselors, non-professional counselors, and advocates
- Reporting Employee: employees who have the authority to institute corrective measures regarding incidents of sexual misconduct
- Resource Connection Employee: full-time and part-time employees who are not designated confidential resources or reporting employees
Fall 2020 Schedule
To fulfill this requirement, employees can either attend an in-person training or view a live web broadcast of the training. Information about the fall 2020 employee training schedule will be emailed to supervisors and applicable employees by mid-August.
RSVP for Required Sexual Misconduct Trainings
RSVP instructions for the fall 2020 employee trainings will be emailed to supervisors and applicable employees by mid-August.
Additional Employee Training Topics
In addition to the above required trainings, the Office of Equity staff provide trainings on other discrimination and sexual misconduct topics. If you would like to request one of the below trainings for your team, office, or department, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule it.
- Upstanding, 45-120 minutes (request at upstander.usu.edu)
- Discrimination and Protected Classes Overview, 45-60 minutes
- Inclusion and Implicit Bias (part 1 - personal level), 60 minutes
- Inclusion and Implicit Bias (part 2 - systemic level), 60 minutes
- Limiting Bias in Hiring and Search Committee Processes, 30-45 minutes
- Sex-Based Discrimination, 45-60 minutes
- Boundaries and Effective Relationships, 45-60 minutes
- Power Dynamics, 45-60 minutes
- Hostile Environment and Quid Pro Quo, 45-60 minutes
- Relationship Violence, 45-60 minutes
- Sexual Assault, 45-60 minutes
- Stalking, 45-60 minutes