Student Loan Counseling Information
After you accept your Federal Direct loan on MyUSU, you must complete a few more steps:
- Enroll at least half-time in your program (six credits for undergraduates, five credits for graduate students)
- Complete Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling:
- You must also complete a Federal Direct Loan Promissory Note.
- Clicking on "Financial Awareness Counseling" will not satisy the counseling requirement for Federal Direct loans.
- You generally only have to complete loan counseling one-time per school.