"Invest in your future" - Financial Wisdom
Online Budgeting Tools:
- Managing Your Money - Mapping your future
- What would my loan payments be? - Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority
- Housing and Financial Counseling - Utah State University Family Life Center - (435) 797-7224
- Your Federal Student Loans - Learn the Basics & Manage Your Debt - US Department of Education
Other Useful Financial Aid Sites and Tools
- Annual Credit Report - request a free credit report once every 12 months
- USU Perkins Loan Request Forms
- FAFSA on the Web - apply for financial aid on-line!
- UHEAA - information about Utah student financial aid programs and loans.
- Contact your Representative
- Contact your Senator
- The U.S. Department of Education - includes the latest Student Guide, FAFSA on the Web, title IV codes and more.
- IRS.gov - IRS Publication 970 - Tax Benefits for Education
- Mapping Your Future - information about choosing a career, paying for your education, and more.
- NSLDS Student Access - National Student Loan Data System database for student aid
- Student Loan Ombudsman - Student Loan Ombudsman Contact Information
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
- UtahFutures.org - Education and Career Planning
- Currency Convertor - xe.com
"Interest never sleeps"
“It is a rule of our financial and economic life in all the world that interest is to be paid on borrowed money. May I say something about interest? Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation; it never visits or travels; it takes no pleasure; it is never laid off work nor discharged from employment; it never works on reduced hours;...
Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders, and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you.” — J. R. Clark