Geosciences Advisory Board
The USU Geosciences Department's Advisory Board consists of former students and friends of the Department representing the following geoscience areas: environmental/engineering geology, state and federal agencies, mining, petroleum industry, and secondary education. Members need not be graduates of Utah State University. The purposes of the Board are to promote the recognition, welfare, and progress of the Department, to encourage financial and other support of the Department, and to advise the Department in matters regarding the status of economic, regulatory, or other factors that impact the department’s teaching and research mission.
The Specific objectives of the Board are:
- To provide advice and act as an independent consulting body for faculty, students and staff on departmental issues.
- To provide input to the Department from a wide range of groups in an effort to maintain high-quality curricula and degree programs in the Department.
- To inform alumni, friends of the University, and the public about the Department and to promote its work and services.
- Act as an independent voice to communicate with alumni, governmental officials, and industry officials regarding issues that impact the Department.
- To assist in fundraising and development activities, as necessary.
Current Advisory Board Members
|Carrie Elliott (chair)||U.S. Geological Surveyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dawn Hayes||Petroleum Consultantemail@example.com|
|Paul Inkenbrandt||Utah Geological Surveyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Al Jones||Browning Foundationemail@example.com|
|Steven Kerr||Millcreek Mining Groupfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mike Lowe||Utah Geological Surveyemail@example.com|
|Karen Merritt||Cache County School Districtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Craig Nelson||Western GeoLogic LLCemail@example.com|
|Dan Rogers||Amsted Industries Inc||DROGERS@amstead.com|
|Sarah Springer||Central Plateau Cleanup Companyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
View the Advisory Board Bylaws.