Current Scholars

Manage your program information and submit requests to Global Engagement on the International Scholar Portal. You can also contact us.

Information and Forms for Exchange Visitors

Visiting Scholar Extension

A faculty member must initiate the Exchange Visitor Extension Request in ServiceNow and upload a letter using the Letter of Extension template. The faculty member is responsible to provide the letter to the visiting scholar.

Step 1
Faculty member submits request in ServiceNow, provides letter to visitng scholar

Step 2
Approvals: Financial officer (if department providing funding), department head, college dean

Step 3
Visiting scholar receives notification to upload copies of financial affidavit and extension of required insurance to Scholar Portal

Visiting Scholar Transfer-Out

Visiting scholars submit a request to transfer their program to another institution through the Exchange Visitor Transfer-Out Request Form.

  • You will need to upload a copy of the letter of invitation/ appointment from the new institution, and provide the new program sponsor number and sponsor representative contact information.
  • The faculty host at USU will receive notification to review the request before Global Engagement evaluates the request.

Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) Emergency Hotline: 1-866-283-9090

This is a 24/7 toll-free telephone number which allows exchange visitors to directly contact the U.S. Department of State in emergency and urgent situations. Exchange visitors also need to follow up with the Office of Global Engagement as soon as possible.

Important Disclaimer

As an international student, the maintenance of your legal status is ultimately your responsibility. It is your responsibility to understand and follow the rules and regulations that govern your status and visa (e.g., 8 CFR § 214.2(f)). The Office of Global Engagement (“GE”) and International Student & Scholar Services provide support and information related to U.S. immigration laws and regulations related to F and J status at Utah State University but are not ultimately responsible for your status and visa. GE and ISSS staff are not attorneys and any information provided by GE and ISSS should not be construed as legal advice. Individuals are welcome to consult a qualified immigration attorney for specific legal advice, particularly in complicated cases.