Fall 2020 Move In Information
This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
June 18, 2020
We are excited to welcome students to campus in August! In order to provide a socially-distanced and efficient move-in experience, Move-In Day has been adjusted to occur over multiple days on August 15th thru August 29th. All students will be sent an email on July 15th that will give them the opportunity to schedule a check-in time. There will be multiple time slots provided on each day to choose from.
June 4, 2020
We are looking forward to your arrival at the most beautiful campus in the country in August. To help answer your move in questions, we will be posting information here throughout the summer. You will also receive email from email@example.com over the next few months sent to the address you provided to housing when you completed the sign up process. Make sure to add our email to your approved list so it doesn’t go into your junk folder. Follow 'usuhousing' on social media for even more updates, move-in tips, and prize giveaways!
Fall move-in day has been adjusted to occur over multiple days beginning August 15 to August 30 to provide a socially-distanced and efficient move-in experience.
We are currently organizing a variety of sign up dates and times to support physical distancing in each building. You will receive an email on July 15 with a link to a SignUpGenius.com page with your individual selection options. A maximum of two immediate family members will be able to accompany you on campus.
Move in plans may need to be modified or adjusted as we get closer to August, so please be flexible with your arrival plans.
BEFORE MOVE-IN DAY
Payment Due Date
Rent and meal plan (if applicable) charges are paid at the same time as tuition and fees. Fall semester charges will post to your USU banner account on July 15, 2020. The due date is Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
You can find you roommate(s) name and email addresses by clicking on the “View Roommate(s) Info" button after logging into the housing portal by selecting the gray “Resident Login” button in the upper right corner of the housing home page. Keep in mind that this information can change depending on additions, room changes and cancellations.
Campus Mailing Address
You will have a specific mailing address for the building you live in. Please make sure to log into the housing portal and select “My Campus Mailing Address” for the correct format, otherwise your mail will not be delivered. Also, make sure to share this information with family and friends as necessary.
Things to Bring
Students planning on bringing a vehicle to campus will be required to purchase a parking permit from the USU Parking and Transportation Office. Permits can be purchased online beginning July 6, 2020, at www.parking.usu.edu. Prices and availability vary depending on location.
Watch for Important Emails
At least three additional emails will be sent to you this summer with important things that you need to read and do:
- Select move in date and time – July 15
- Welcome to Our Community from Residence Life Staff – First week of August
- Online Pre-Check In Process Link – August 10
ON MOVE-IN DAY
Arrive on the date and time that you previously selected (from the sign up link emailed on July 15). You will have 30 minutes to move your things into your room and family members to depart. We ask that you please adhere to this schedule to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
Check In Locations
Locations on where you will check in will be posted here in July.
Parking lots around residential areas on Move-In Day are reserved as unloading zones only. Large vehicles, including trailers, are not permitted in unloading zones. You should plan on bringing one car to campus on Move-In Day.
June 3, 2020
In response to the USU Ready plan, Housing and Residence Life departments have made the following adjustments:
- Maintained Room Types: Students will be housed in the building and room type they reserved.
- Move-in Day: We Fall move in day has been adjusted to occur over multiple days beginning August 15 to August 30 to provide a socially-distanced and efficient move-in experience. Sign up dates and times are being determined to support physical distancing in each building. Additional information and selection instructions will be emailed on July 15. A maximum of two immediate family members will be able to accompany you on campus. Please check back to this page for the most up-to-date information as plans may need to be modified or adjusted.
Fall 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Student health and safety is the top priority for our campus. Residents may expect some changes in order to abide by guidance from local and federal health agencies. Examples of some of these changes may include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of high-touch areas in our buildings.
- Students should engage in regular hand washing and other good hygiene habits
- Residents are advised to wear a face covering
- Housing has a resident self-report form that residents will complete if they need support or are symptomatic. This helps us to make arrangements to support the resident and their contacts.
- Guests and visitors will not be allowed during the time frame of required social distancing.
Students will be housed in the room types they reserved.
Residents will notify Housing that they have symptoms using the self-report form. We make contact with the student and roommate(s) to make a plan to support everyone impacted. Residents who are symptomatic will isolate in their room. Housing has isolation spaces allocated for use by others that may also be impacted. Meal delivery is provided to students.
If you need a single room due to a disability, you may contact the USU Disability Resource Center to schedule an intake appointment to discuss potential ADA housing accommodation options.
Adjustments are being made to campus dining locations to support social distancing and best practices outlined by local health agencies. Updates will be provided about dining operations prior to Move-in Day.