Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will an H visa suffice for a tenure-track position?
Rate This FAQ
An H visa is only a bridge for a tenure-track position. A foreign national must apply for "permanent resident" status within the initial 18 months of employment. USU currently is not prepared to handle "permanent resident – green card" petitions. There are immigration attorneys who can assist in that process. Currently, this process takes about 2.5 – 3 years, and costs about $5000.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Who can be a member of a Hiring Committee?ficacyñY
- Can other individuals see the applications?
- How can you tell if a candidate can get work authorization?
- Can a hiring committee interview without the entire committee?d
- How can we narrow the search further?
- How should unsolicited reference information (either phone call or personal conversation) be handled?
- Can the committee ask different questions of the interviewees?h
- What questions can you ask a “foreign national” candidate?h
In This Section
- Banner Self-Serve
- New Employees Benefits
- Employee Exit/Transfer Process
- Employee Relations
- HR Banner
- Staff Directory
- Training and Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Contact Us
- Tuition Reduction