The goal of the Inclusive Leadership Certificate is to prepare USU students to lead in an increasingly diverse and global world. This certificate is appropriate for students planning careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Students will develop interdisciplinary grounding in inclusive leadership principles, theories and research, and gain valuable communication, collaboration and community engagement skills and experience.
Undergraduate students enrolled in the program are also welcome and encouraged to participate in a variety of events, workshops, lectures and conferences co-sponsored by the Center.
The Certificate requires 18 credits of coursework. For a complete list of courses and electives, please see the course catalogue.
Required Courses (9 Credits)
- IGS 3010: Inclusive Leadership & Community Engagement
- Students select two additional skills-based courses from a list of communication-based electives.
Elective Courses (9 Credits)
Students will select one course from each of three areas:
- Community Engaged Leadership
- Understanding Conflict, Power & Difference
- Inclusive Leadership Skills & Perspectives
Professor Christy Glass
Interim Director, Center for Intersectional Gender Studies & Research
Phone: (435) 797-1258
Director, Advising Center
Phone: (435) 797-3883