The Center for Intersectional Gender Studies and Research invites applications for the inaugural Director position. The Center’s mission is twofold: (1) to support innovative research and inclusive teaching in the field of intersectional gender studies; and (2) to support efforts aimed at advancing women and members of other historically marginalized and underrepresented groups into full and equal participation in the humanities and sciences.
Terms of Appointment: The three-year appointment will begin July 1, 2022 (Fall 2022). To support the Director’s leadership of the Center, a portion of base salary will be provided by the Provost. In addition, the Director will receive a fixed administrative stipend of $12,000 annually. After the three-year appointment, the Director will be invited to serve as a member of the Center’s Advisory Board. The Center is also supported by a full-time Program Coordinator.
The successful candidate will lead efforts to:
- Design, coordinate, implement and assess all aspects of the Center’s programs including academic programs, scholarships, fellowships and co-sponsorships;
- Collaborate with college and campus leadership (e.g., College Deans, the Provost’s Office, the Latinx Cultural Center, the Inclusion Center, and the Aggies Think Care Act) to support initiatives that advance equity and inclusion at USU;
- Collaborate with the Center’s Program Coordinator to support new and ongoing programs, efforts and initiatives;
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Center’s Advisory Board to manage and develop programs and processes that promote innovative research and inclusive teaching and programming.
- Tenured at USU in any program, department, college or campus at the time of appointment;
- Demonstrated commitment to intersectional gender studies and outreach in teaching, research and/or service;
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity and inclusion efforts on at least one or more USU campuses (Logan or statewide);
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with and mentorship of faculty, students and staff at USU.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Active research and teaching agenda in the field of intersectional gender studies;
- Experience with budgets and other types of administrative management;
- Experience leading diverse teams;
- Experience with outreach and engagement of diverse stakeholders;
- Experience in academic program design, implementation and management;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish.
Along with the online application, please attach:
- CV (to be uploaded to the candidate profile)
- A statement of interest addressing the position criteria (to be copied and pasted into a fillable form at the end of the application)
- The names of three references (to be collected as part of the online application)
Please have all application materials submitted by November 1, 2021. Direct questions about the search to the search committee chair, Dr. Janis Boettinger at Janis.email@example.com.
To access the online application:
- Click the link: https://hr.usu.edu/jobs/
- Click ‘USU Employees Search Here’ in the main banner
- Search for the position using keyword: 4176