Application Opens: August 15, 2021
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
The Center aims to support a graduate student with teaching, research or community engagement interests in the field of intersectional gender studies. Funding up to $1,500 will be awarded to support a graduate fellow who will partner with the Center leadership on inclusive programming and outreach.
- Completed Cover Page (Name, contact information, department or program)
- Proposal (2 pages)
- Description of current engagement with intersectional gender studies in research, teaching or community engagement activities.
- Statement about the applicant’s commitment to inclusion and equity that addresses applicant's knowledge, track record and plans for supporting equity at USU or beyond.
- Summary of the potential benefits of the fellowship on the applicant’s education and career.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Submit all materials in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be current graduate students (Masters or PhD-level) at any USU campus pursuing research, teaching or community engagement activities related to the Center’s mission.
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated engagement with intersectional gender studies in their research, teaching or community engagement activities and those with a sustained commitment to inclusion and equity.
The successful applicant will be recognized as a Graduate Fellow of the Center for Intersectional Gender Studies & Research and will work closely with the Center’s leadership to develop ongoing programming and support for graduate students across USU’s Logan and statewide campuses.
- Graduate Fellows are expected to:
- Advise on outreach and support for graduate students
- Co-organize the 2021-2022 Intersections on Inclusion series
- Support engagement of graduate students in Center programs
- Participate in one or more of Intersections Research Clusters